*Renamed: $10large small SUV?

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 29, 2019, 08:33:00 PM

Eye of the Tiger

$10,998, 6-speed emmanual, big sunroof, some kind of AWD system, apparently, MPG 25/31.

Have you tried a Mini Cooper? The seating is upright and comfortable. Very good ergo all around. Now, I haven't personally sat in the Countryman, but I imagine it is even more upright and roomy.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=505126506

Reliability? Don't ask, don't tell. It has low miles.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

autokomppania

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 01, 2019, 03:43:16 PM
The MT is a long shot, I think only the Forester and maybe CX-5 had them? Not super concerned with that.

I really really want sunroof and wife will really really want AWD.

I really love the panorama roof available on Forester, but the chain on the CR-V and RAV4 is very appealing...

Chain is nice, unless you have to have it changed. That can get quite expensive..

Morris Minor

Used Prius. Deadly dull super-reliable commuting appliance.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Payman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 03, 2019, 02:56:37 PM
$10,998, 6-speed emmanual, big sunroof, some kind of AWD system, apparently, MPG 25/31.

Have you tried a Mini Cooper? The seating is upright and comfortable. Very good ergo all around. Now, I haven't personally sat in the Countryman, but I imagine it is even more upright and roomy.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=505126506

Reliability? Don't ask, don't tell. It has low miles.

Not a CRV4, ergo it's junk.

Eye of the Tiger

AutobahnSHO

Saw a Murano 'vert this afternoon :mask:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 03, 2019, 04:33:32 PM
Saw a Murano 'vert this afternoon :mask:

Has your back injury turned you into a 50 year old woman?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

Will

Payman

The most amusing thing about seeing a Murano convertible isn't the car itself; it's that someone bought it. New. From a dealership. With money.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MX793 on February 03, 2019, 05:07:50 PM
Has your back injury turned you into a 50 year old woman?

:lol:

Nissan Murano Convertible
The Official Vehicle of Menopause
Proud Sponsor of the National Osteoperosis Foundation
Red Hat Discount!

12,000 RPM

Nissan has more motorsport credibility than many other companies, which is of utmost importance in this segment.

The Murano CrossCabriolet is a masterpiece, honestly. Where else can you find a vehicle that so masterfully draws on the heritage of open top sports cars like the original Fairlady and F30 Leopard, off road legends like the Pathfinder and Patrol, and mainstream marvels like an Enterprise spec Altima? Channeling 240HP from the legendary VQ35 to all four wheels... the Murano CrossCabriolet delivers a driving experience that simply remains unparalleled.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

AutobahnSHO

:lol: it does check a couple boxes...... :mask:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 03, 2019, 05:16:04 PM
:lol:

Nissan Murano Convertible
The Official Vehicle of Menopause
Proud Sponsor of the National Osteoperosis Foundation
Red Hat Discount!

I wonder what the Red Hat society thinks of MAGA red hats interfering with their namesake brand,
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Look at Wizard's Passat RIP thread for some VWinspiration.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Same engine as the Tiguan :mask:

"I know a guy who...."

SJ_GTI

I owned a few VW/Audi cars and haven't had any significant issues (actually no issues with my current VW)...that being said I wouldn't recommend the brand to someone looking for solid/no hassle ownership. I mean...you might get lucky and it might be fine, but statistically speaking you are more likely to have mechanical and/or electrical issues in a VW car. I own the car i do because it is and was a relatively unique mixture of AWD/Manual/Small (and Hatchback). I think at the time only the Ford Focus RS was available in a similar package but it was still brand new and dealers were only selling them with markups (and no test drives).

FoMoJo

2011/12 Escape V6 Duratec, 6spd auto, awd, traditional styling.  Safe, roomy, runs forever.  Avoid the Mazda sourced I4, valve lash noises, but seems to run okay.  Comfortable seats.  None of the import or Euro idiosyncrasies.  Good old domestic best bang for the buck.  Top model should be well within your range of dollars.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 04, 2019, 02:03:19 PM
2011/12 Escape V6 Duratec, 6spd auto, awd, traditional styling.  Safe, roomy, runs forever.  Avoid the Mazda sourced I4, valve lash noises, but seems to run okay.  Comfortable seats.  None of the import or Euro idiosyncrasies.  Good old domestic best bang for the buck.  Top model should be well within your range of dollars.

Yeah I need to check them out. Never been in one. I pointed one out to wifey, she's cool with them.
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 04, 2019, 02:31:15 PM
Yeah I need to check them out. Never been in one. I pointed one out to wifey, she's cool with them.
There is also a hybrid version that is, reportedly, very reliable as well.  Those used as NYC taxis reportedly have the highest mileage on them.  Likely, the best mileage as well.  2012 is the last year of the 'traditional' design.  Don't know much about the replatformed ones.  For the amount of money that you're willing to spend, you can likely get one with all the bells and whistles available.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Escape of that era isn't a bad option, that's for sure. 

12,000 RPM

They used the hybrids as NYC cabs so that speaks to their durability

They are tight AF inside though... def keep the Odyssey for long trips

AutobahnSHO

So I got a foam/gel pillow and I was driving Impreza to work last week without discomfort. It's weird sitting up so much higher though (about 2in).
Odyssey was getting only 16.3mpgeez so when I fill up at the end of this week I'm excited to see what Impreza gets doing the same 8to4 grind...

We're going to save up for now. Got moving moneyz and tax refund filed, we'll have a nice little car egg.

PLUS started Roth IRA for wife and dropped a clam into one for me.
Will