Washer Fluid Squirters

Started by TurboDan, May 09, 2005, 04:59:47 PM

TurboDan

I have a washer fluid squirter that has ceased squirting.  I tried my old method of sticking a pin in there to clear it out (this always worked before) but this time it's not working.  Usually, there's no fluid coming out but sometimes a very weak stream that doesn't even make it to the window drips out.  

How do you usually fix these clogs?  

Catman

The other side is working right?  Did you make sure the line isn't kinked?

Brave sir Robin

put some white distilled vinegar in your washer tank and run that for awhile. make sure you dont let it stay on your paint for more than a few seconds though. Another option is to disconnect the nozzle and let it soak in a cup of the vinegar probably safer that way too
"There is no escape--we pay for the violence of our ancestors."
--from "The Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

giant_mtb

I'd say check your hoses and linkages to the sprayer...maybe there's a kink or a leak or puncture or something.    

TurboDan

I'm thinking it's probably the kink situation.  But I will definitely try the vinegar.  I'll probably take it off and soak it as you said.

Thanks for the tips!

The Phantom

You know, when I had the Acura, when I'd get to about 80 MPH under hard acceleration, my passenger side squirter would squirt fluid onto the windshield.  I always found that odd.  What else was odd was that it worked perfectly fine--it seemed to have an even stream with the driver side squirter.

Just thought I'd mention that.  The problem is now defunct anyway...
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

giant_mtb

QuoteYou know, when I had the Acura, when I'd get to about 80 MPH under hard acceleration, my passenger side squirter would squirt fluid onto the windshield.  I always found that odd.  What else was odd was that it worked perfectly fine--it seemed to have an even stream with the driver side squirter.

Just thought I'd mention that.  The problem is now defunct anyway...
Probably just from the movement (acceleration) of the car...made the fluid be pushed back/through the hoses to the squirter and therefore it just came out...that's my guess.