Is there any way to stop paint-peel?

Started by giant_mtb, May 28, 2005, 05:45:46 PM

giant_mtb

Quotemaybe put one of those clear plastic sheets that are transparent over the wheelwells, or put one of those plastic splashgaurds on the wheelwells.
Griot's Garage has these..look at the bottom of the page...check out the rest of the page...they have some cool stuff
Griots Garage

.i think thats what you were talking about when you said clear plastic sheets
Isn't it shiny and noticeable, though?  People will think I put packing tape on it!  :o  

TBR

Quotemaybe put one of those clear plastic sheets that are transparent over the wheelwells, or put one of those plastic splashgaurds on the wheelwells.
Griot's Garage has these..look at the bottom of the page...check out the rest of the page...they have some cool stuff
Griots Garage

Isn't it shiny and noticeable, though?  People will think I put packing tape on it!  :o
Isn't that better than body panels that are composed of nothing but rust? ;) It probably won't even be noticable if you do a good job install it.  

giant_mtb

Griots Garage

Isn't that better than body panels that are composed of nothing but rust? ;) It probably won't even be noticable if you do a good job install it.
Maybe I'll try that.

footoflead

Griots Garage

Maybe I'll try that.
you could always scuff it a little bit with sand paper before you put it on ...although that might make scratchs instead....if you get some....do a test piece first...who knows it might work....
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

giant_mtb

Griots Garage

Maybe I'll try that.
you could always scuff it a little bit with sand paper before you put it on ...although that might make scratchs instead....if you get some....do a test piece first...who knows it might work....
I'd probably sand or dremel all of the rust off, first to ensure that there would be less rust under the surface so that I don't have to worry about extreme rust problems.

footoflead

definitely the first step has to be rust removal...hopefully the panels havent rusted out  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's