Porsche Thinks Its Synthetic Fuel Could Be As Green As Electric Propulsion

Started by cawimmer430, February 25, 2021, 08:08:34 AM

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 06, 2021, 11:33:19 AM
I believe Merkel's doctorate work was checked by Oxford University recently and they called it trash.  :lol:

Did some quick googling and did not find anything problematic regarding her PhD. Since it is a given hat her political rivals  will be paying people to go over her work with a microscope I would say she is safe. Of course for others it was a problem. The most famous example being Secretary of Defence Karl-Theodore zu Guttenberg.

The entire Energiewende to me comes across as poorly managed and planned. Solar and wind cannot sustain our energy needs, but Merkel forces an exit of both nuclear and coal at the same time without a serious backup alternative. If at the end of September we're gonna get Grün-Rot-Rot instead Schwarz-Grün, then we're truly screwed on the energy front. Blackouts are preprogrammed...

Yes, those times when solar and wind produce excess energy should be used to produce hydrogen and eFuels instead of PAYING our neighbors to accept our excess electricity production. Like I said, the Energiewende is so poorly planned it's embarrassing.

Could it be planned better? Yes. However the question is how much planning the state should be doing anyways. Overall many important goals have been reached, such as building the underwater cables to Norway, to store energy. Nuclear power is not that good really as a complement to renewables, since they do not react fast enough.

I do not really think Blackouts are going to be that much of a concern, renewables are actually quite predictable.

https://www.tennet.eu/de/e-insights/energiewende/day-ahead-prognose-tatsaechliche-erzeugung-windenergie/

Besides , one great benefit of the Energiewende is that we are going to become more decentralized, with many people creating and storing their own energy.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on March 07, 2021, 06:26:56 PM
Did some quick googling and did not find anything problematic regarding her PhD. Since it is a given hat her political rivals  will be paying people to go over her work with a microscope I would say she is safe. Of course for others it was a problem. The most famous example being Secretary of Defence Karl-Theodore zu Guttenberg.

It's interesting, I also searched for it and it's gone - almost as if Merkel and her corrupt entourage pulled some strings to get rid of this news on the Internet.

But when you see how this country is run it does not surprise me anymore. Franziska Giffey of the SPD can continue to run for major of Berlin despite having plagiarized numerous passages in her dissertation...

Quote from: Galaxy on March 07, 2021, 06:26:56 PMBesides , one great benefit of the Energiewende is that we are going to become more decentralized, with many people creating and storing their own energy.

I agree that this is the way to go. Every bit of decentralized and regenerative energy helps here and there. However, there is also so much bureaucratic BS being put in the way of preventing this. Years ago when my parents wanted to place solar panels on the roof of their home they were denied this by the local authorities because of two reasons: 1) it would hurt the visual appearance of the historic Altstadt and 2) apparently it was calculated that the neighboring homes would block most of the sun rays that would fall on these solar panels - which is weird since our roof is higher than those of our two neighbors.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie