Rainbow Sheikh’s Huge 10-Wheel Off-Roader Is As Weird As They Come

Started by cawimmer430, March 04, 2019, 07:21:05 AM

cawimmer430

Rainbow Sheikh's Huge 10-Wheel Off-Roader Is As Weird As They Come

Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates, better known as 'The Rainbow Sheikh', is the proud owner of one of the most bizarre car collections in the world.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZmxDerIOM

The 63-year-old has amassed a huge collection of vehicles over the years and is perhaps best known for owning a 64:1 scale Dodge Power Wagon that actually has living quarters inside, including a spacious master bedroom. Not satisfied with one ginormous truck, The Rainbow Sheikh recently had this.. thing built.

Dubbed the Dhabiyan, this other-worldly vehicle is more than 35-feet long, roughly 11-feet tall and sits at over eight feet wide. It's a mish-mash of cars that have been brought together to create something unlike any other.

Forming the basis of the Dhabiyan is an Oshkosh M1075 military truck with no less than 10 wheels. The Rainbow Sheikh had all of the military-spec body of the M1075 removed; they were replaced by a number of random parts from various production vehicles. For example, the vehicle's cabin is from a JK Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and just below the cabin sits part of the rear of a Dodge Dart, while up front you'll notice the headlights of a Ford F-Series Heavy Duty truck.

It's hard to say if there are any other parts from familiar production cars used in the Dhabiyan, but much of it does appear to have been custom built, including a hood that must be at least 20-feet long.

Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan got his nickname of 'The Rainbow Sheikh' when he celebrated his marriage by having Mercedes-Benz build him an S-Class for every color of the rainbow.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/rainbow-sheikhs-huge-10-wheeled-off-roader-is-as-weird-as-they-come/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Kinda cool as a showpiece. But useless otherwise. Putting the cab in the back makes it pretty much impossible to see anything useful... :lol:

Soup DeVille

Wait; that's ridiculous, but a 64:1 Scale Pwoer Wagon? Fuck that would be like 800 feet long.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 04, 2019, 07:30:35 AM
Kinda cool as a showpiece. But useless otherwise. Putting the cab in the back makes it pretty much impossible to see anything useful... :lol:

I think for people like this there's no consequences when they run people over... :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 04, 2019, 07:40:55 AM
Yeah, I looked at several places, but there's no way that's actually 64:1. It might be 4 or 5:1.

Agreed. Google says a '49 PW had a wheelbase of 126".  64:1 would require a 670+ foot wheelbase......nah.  That thing is more the size of a mine dump truck. Big as a house, sure, but it's definitely not 64x.

Edit: Maybe it's supposed to be 6.4:1.  That would put the wheelbase at ~68', which seems more accurate. :lol:

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550