The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

cawimmer430

Most of us like driving fast, so this thread is for everyone to post how fast they've driven today.

You can post pictures or just post the speed and maybe tell us where this was. I'll start.

Took this with my Nokia C7 on the Autobahn A94. I actually managed 210 km/h further down but I have to be careful since the winter tires are only rated at 210 km/h and I've been driving pretty fast on the Autobahns this winter. My winter tires are actually pretty "worn out" and I think I need new ones soon.  :(

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

Cookie Monster

Yesterday on the way to school I was cruising at 80 mph. I think I hit 90 briefly overtaking some left lane camper.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Onslaught

On the way home I went 95 to pass some traffic on I-485. Only did it for a second because the limit is 65.
And because you should red line a rotary every day I hit 65 before my driveway entrance. I do that every day.

CJ

hotrodalex

Topped out my Saturn on Saturday. 115-117. The speedo is a bit slow, so probably about 120 (that's what my friend hit and he was behind me). Went about 6 miles at that speed, pedal to the floor. (A whole group of us were going to get ice cream after an event. I wasn't planning on going that fast, but my friend was keeping up with me so I just kept going to see how far he would push it. :lol: we got to the ice cream place and ordered our shakes before the rest of the people got there)

Don't think I'll do that again, though.

giant_mtb

I do not believe I managed more than 45MPH today.  The roads were super shitty (Ann Arbor has minimal plowing prowess and seems to focus on the lightly-traveled in-town streets before they actually plow the busy, 4-lane highways) and I was only on one stretch of 55MPH road today, only about 2 miles long and I probably wouldn't have gone more than 50 anyway had the Saturn Vue in front of me not been going a comfortable 45.

hounddog

I honestly believe this thread will encourage bad behavior, even unsafe behavior.

:lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

the Teuton

A little under 80. I'd say 77 or so. This was before the snow storm hit us today.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MexicoCityM3

I hit 200kph as well basically every day as I drive into the city every morning on one of our best mountain highways.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

68_427

Quote from: 565 on February 21, 2011, 07:58:49 PM
this will not end well.

Do you still have the ZO6?  You should be able to win this...
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

AutobahnSHO

Will

Laconian

50% over the limit! Watch out for Johnny Law! But then again, YOU ARE THE LAW.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

omicron

I walked today. So, er, not very fast at all.

Rupert

Uh, like 45-50 mph? I was on city streets. Limit was 35, though. :huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Speed_Racer

As long as people aren't taking pics when doing 110+ mph...

I hit 5mph today - moved the car from one end of the parking lot to the other so the loader could get rid of some snow.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

cawimmer430

170 km/h yesterday on the Autobahn to Dachau.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hounddog

Quote from: Laconian on February 21, 2011, 09:23:34 PM
50% over the limit! Watch out for Johnny Law! But then again, YOU ARE THE LAW.
Was this directed at me?

If it was, you should take the time to think about that.  ;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

I haven't really driven yet today, but yesterday I hit 85-90 mph for a brief distance.  Traffic was heavy and there were a lot of left lane campers, so my hopes of maintaining high speed were frustrated for the most part... :rage:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 21, 2011, 04:28:25 PM
Topped out my Saturn on Saturday. 115-117. The speedo is a bit slow, so probably about 120 (that's what my friend hit and he was behind me). Went about 6 miles at that speed, pedal to the floor. (A whole group of us were going to get ice cream after an event. I wasn't planning on going that fast, but my friend was keeping up with me so I just kept going to see how far he would push it. :lol: we got to the ice cream place and ordered our shakes before the rest of the people got there)

Don't think I'll do that again, though.

When I was following one of my friends, I used to drive inches away from his bumper, and then he would keep accelerating his speed and I kept accelerating mine to never let him get more than a few inches ahead of me.  Fun times.... :devil:  I haven't done that in years.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hounddog

Took the boys in early and got breakfast while my daughter spent some time with her mom. 
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

I got a bit past 80 mph today, but that was it.