1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Just Sold For Nearly $174,000

Started by cawimmer430, March 11, 2019, 10:25:23 AM

shp4man

Most collectors aren't in it for the money. That's part of it, but the car is more important than it's value. There are some pure investors in it, but true old car lovers tend to look down on them as parasites. I wouldn't keep a car I was afraid to drive because of it's value.
Although if I did inherit something like a Hemi 'Cuda I'd take it out and thrash it. A little bit.  ;)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 12, 2019, 04:36:50 PM
Can't you tell that I'm hoarding pickup trucks that nobody else wants right now?

Anyway, if you consider the true value of something as a percentage of the buyer's net worth, this Supra is probably equivalent to 2% or less. In my case, I have no net worth, but let's call it annual income. 2% of my shit income is about $600. I would gladly bid 3% of my annual income for  this Supra. You see, now I win the dick swinging contest.
Speaking of your collection, the Ranger, presuming that it can be restored to a reasonable condition, will likely be worth a few bills to the right buyer.  The prices I've seen for 20 year old Rangers is quite surprising.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 12, 2019, 05:09:33 PM
Speaking of your collection, the Ranger, presuming that it can be restored to a reasonable condition, will likely be worth a few bills to the right buyer.  The prices I've seen for 20 year old Rangers is quite surprising.

The question is, is it worth more with a paint job, or the "patina"?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 12, 2019, 05:17:21 PM
The question is, is it worth more with a paint job, or the "patina"?
Depends on whether the 'patina' is full of holes. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 12, 2019, 05:33:50 PM
Depends on whether the 'patina' is full of holes. :huh:

That's Dimensional Patina, philistine.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed