2020 Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Drops Most Camo As It Edges Closer To Launch

Started by cawimmer430, March 31, 2019, 02:05:10 PM

cawimmer430

2020 Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Drops Most Camo As It Edges Closer To Launch

A new prototype of the upcoming Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 has been snapped in the midst of testing, and this car is wearing less camouflage than any other car our spy photographers have come across.

The front of this prototype features some camouflage, but it hides virtually no aspect of the performance sedan's beefed-up fascia. Compared to lesser CLA models, the most obvious alteration sees AMG incorporate its now familiar Panamericana-style grille. Elsewhere you will notice enlarged air intakes and a small lip spoiler stretching between them.

Viewed from the side, this Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 prototype sports a set of black, twin five-spoke wheels sitting over a set of enlarged brake discs and calipers. The rear also features a re-shaped bumper, a diffuser, trunklid lip spoiler and quad tailpipes, like practically any other AMG model.

When sales of the new CLA 45 commence, the car will be sold with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine pumping out 383 hp in regular form and 416 hp in the range-topping S model. Like the impending next-generation A 45, the new CLA 45's all-wheel drive will sport a 'Drift' mode and promise to be a step-up over the previous-gen in terms of handling dynamics and straight-line performance.

Earlier this week, Mercedes-AMG unveiled the long-awaited A 35 Sedan, and it is believed that a similar CLA 35 is also on the agenda. Like the A 35 Sedan and Hatchback, the CLA 35 will feature a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 302 hp, a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, and all-wheel drive.

Since the CLA has already entered production and the first cars will be delivered to European customers this May, we're expecting that it won't be long before we see the AMG-prepped versions.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/2020-mercedes-amg-cla-45-drops-most-camo-as-it-edges-closer-to-launch/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Why bother to camouflage it?  It looks just like all the rest of them. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Xer0

Jesus, 400 hp out of boosted 2.0L is insane, I remember when hitting 300 was a big deal.  How are these things not rolling grenades?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Xer0 on March 31, 2019, 08:08:42 PM
Jesus, 400 hp out of boosted 2.0L is insane, I remember when hitting 300 was a big deal.  How are these things not rolling grenades?
Wait for the warranty period to end.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 31, 2019, 05:24:40 PM

So the average Joe out there won't know what it is.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on March 31, 2019, 08:08:42 PM

I don't think anyone expects these extreme engines to go for 300,000 km without extreme wear and tear. My guess is the folks buying these things don't keep them long, and those that do will expect some engine work to be done, especially if the previous owner really abused the hell out of it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 31, 2019, 05:24:40 PM

TBH, I wouldn't be all that surprised if camo on pre-production cars was really there to make it stand out in order to generate publicity.

Galaxy

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 01, 2019, 02:24:18 PM
TBH, I wouldn't be all that surprised if camo on pre-production cars was really there to make it stand out in order to generate publicity.

True. Many companies now actually release pictures of cars in camo.