All-New 2019 Mazda3 Looks Sleek Inside And Out In Best Photos Yet

Started by cawimmer430, November 13, 2018, 05:16:48 PM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 22, 2019, 01:26:04 PM
The Civic sedan is the only body style I like.
Based on Honda generation spans the Civic replacement should be showing its face next year. Hoping they take all the good body parts and gauge cluster from the Insight. Would be cool if they moved the Si closer to the CTR in performance... maybe destroke the 2.0T to 1.75L :lol:

For me the GTI is the standout choice in this class though.... 5 years after release, no catastrophic issues. Looks like VW finally got its shit together
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

93JC

BimmerM3

This one features Mazda's "Manager of Vehicle Dynamics" (in between other clips). Talks about Skyactive X, the improved AWD system, and how the suspension affects the driving dynamics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQdxA5H00g

HurricaneSteve

Agreed. Others do one up it in some areas but as far as the whole package (driving dynamics, interior, exterior, efficiency, reliability) I feel like it's been tops for quite some tine.

Quote from: 93JC on March 26, 2019, 09:38:06 AM
"Finally" best in class? :confused: Already was, m8.

12,000 RPM

I think it's a toss up between the 3, Civic and Golf. This gen of Golf has proven pretty reliable. If Honda can sort out the 1.5T all it would be missing is looks, which they might fix with the upcoming 11th gen

Laconian

The Golf apparently has a 6 year warranty now? That definitely puts it in the hunt for me. I was definitely not interested in brittle mid-aught VWs when they came with puny warranties.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

I still don't trust VW. And the Golf seems too bland. Plaid seats aren't enough.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

I loved the Golf rental I had. Like a baby W124. APR has partnered with dealers so you can get a tune and retain your warranty. Only bummer is they  only offer adaptive cruise control on the top trims. But for the money I think I'd rather have a brand new Golf SEL than a GTI S. All I need is torque and aftermarket support.  Golf is def a top contender for the Optima's replacement

HurricaneSteve

I was tempted by the warranty and clearance prices but I still can't trust a company with such a spotty reliability record. There are other cars that drive just as well, if not better, without the headaches.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 27, 2019, 11:18:24 AM
I still don't trust VW. And the Golf seems too bland. Plaid seats aren't enough.

MX793

I'll never own a VW product off warranty again.  Not sure I'd own another even with a warranty.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

HurricaneSteve

It's entirely possible that cars sold in the US have to be built with different standards in mind because of how harsh the salt used in states with wintery climates can be. Is that the case for Europe? Perhaps some of the members here can chime in on the type or level of salt used in their countries and if their used cars suffer from the kind of rust issues that are found here.

Quote from: MX793 on March 28, 2019, 04:48:49 AM
I'll never own a VW product off warranty again.  Not sure I'd own another even with a warranty.

Payman

I believe NA market Golfs and Jettas are made in Puebla, Mexico? But the GTi's are made in Germany?

thewizard16

Quote from: MX793 on March 28, 2019, 04:48:49 AM
This is my current feeling as well.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

MX793

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on March 28, 2019, 12:18:41 PM
It's entirely possible that cars sold in the US have to be built with different standards in mind because of how harsh the salt used in states with wintery climates can be. Is that the case for Europe? Perhaps some of the members here can chime in on the type or level of salt used in their countries and if their used cars suffer from the kind of rust issues that are found here.

Rust isn't the problem.  The car is actually remarkably rust free.  I just noticed some bubbling on one of the fender edges, which is remarkable for a car this age in this climate.  It's the electrical issues, interior falling apart due to adhesives and paints/coatings breaking down, and poor design for maintenance practices (that aren't isolated to Golf platform cars, my co-worker with a T-reg has similarly complained at the difficulty and cost to replace failed components). 
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

HurricaneSteve

I think starting in 2014 they switched to Germany?

Quote from: Rockraven on March 28, 2019, 01:30:38 PM
I believe NA market Golfs and Jettas are made in Puebla, Mexico? But the GTi's are made in Germany?

SJ_GTI

Hopefully I am not jinxing myself by posting this, but so far I have not had a single problem with my Golf. Since I have done the maintenance myself it has never actually even been back to the dealer once (a little over 2 and a half years so far).

When I had a GTI it never had any major issues either. I think I had an O2 sensor go bad once (which caused the check engine light to come on) but otherwise it was fine also.

Xer0

SavegeGeese's Mazda3 review is out and the TL;DR of it is:  Best Mazda3, no handling detriment, great interior, infotainment doesnt suck, super comfy.  Seems like the screaming about the twist beam was way overwrought by some, myself included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQDqwecojc

12,000 RPM

They focused on making it a better car, which makes sense. I still don't like the exterior and am hoping they make a hi po version

Laconian

I really find Mazda's data-driven obsession on the anatomy of driving to be really interesting. I hope other manufacturers take note.

It's a breath of fresh air when all the other cars are about swaddling drivers with cotton wool and distracting them with "Aha" infotainment garbage.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Xer0 on April 05, 2019, 11:56:35 AM
SavegeGeese's Mazda3 review is out and the TL;DR of it is:  Best Mazda3, no handling detriment, great interior, infotainment doesnt suck, super comfy.  Seems like the screaming about the twist beam was way overwrought by some, myself included.

Twist beam, depending on design, may not be noticeable on the street, but would likely show up on a race track; so it really doesn't make a difference for the most part.

That Black Mazda looks really cool.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Laconian on April 05, 2019, 12:24:07 PM
I really find Mazda's data-driven obsession on the anatomy of driving to be really interesting. I hope other manufacturers take note.

It's a breath of fresh air when all the other cars are about swaddling drivers with cotton wool and distracting them with "Aha" infotainment garbage.
For better or worse, Mazda focuses on making the cars enjoyable to own, whereas others seem focused on making them convincing to buy. I say possibly for worse because I don't know how well Mazda's strategy will translate to the showroom. However it does seem like they have dialed up the wow factor and livability simultaneously.

Laconian

I'm a big Mazda booster in the workplace. I sell my geeky colleagues on the geeky merits of Mazders.

Galaxy

Quote from: Rockraven on March 28, 2019, 01:30:38 PM

N. American GTIs are from Mexico, the R, and the E-Golf are from Germany, hence the reason those two can be ordered with the 40+ exterior paints.

HurricaneSteve

The Ford Fiesta and Mazda 2 were both cars that rode pretty decently for torsion beam subcompacts and those were designed in the mid 2000's and not only that, Golf TDI's are torsions as well so I do think the hand wringing was a bit premature.

Quote from: Xer0 on April 05, 2019, 11:56:35 AM

HurricaneSteve

My wife has said this will be her next car in a couple of years after how unresponsive the Impreza feels. I'm pretty sure the overall sales will fall short of the previous generation's which is why I think the price and premium feel went up accordingly. I'm still hoping that they'll drop the 2.5T in at some point but I'm very interested to see how the Skyactiv-X performs.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 05, 2019, 12:53:12 PM
For better or worse, Mazda focuses on making the cars enjoyable to own, whereas others seem focused on making them convincing to buy. I say possibly for worse because I don't know how well Mazda's strategy will translate to the showroom. However it does seem like they have dialed up the wow factor and livability simultaneously.

HurricaneSteve

Unfortunately the number of people at my workplace who even drive is pretty low but I'm with you there. I strongly believe that Mazda has one of the most well rounded lineups of any manufacturer.

Quote from: Laconian on April 05, 2019, 01:37:36 PM
I'm a big Mazda booster in the workplace. I sell my geeky colleagues on the geeky merits of Mazders.

2o6

I'm tired of the "torsion beam" argument. Five years ago, no one online knew what they were. This is the new "flash to pass" internet outrage.

I think the car looks great. I just can't picture spending 28K for it.

BimmerM3

I kinda hate that the amazing white interior that all of the press cars have had is only available on the highest trim level.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV