BMW Shows New 2-Series Gran Coupe With Colorful Camo

Started by cawimmer430, July 24, 2019, 05:19:17 AM

cawimmer430

BMW Shows New 2-Series Gran Coupe With Colorful Camo

BMW has followed through with its promise to preview the 2-Series Gran Coupe and has done so by releasing dozens of images of the car wrapped in colorful camouflage.

The prototype in question appears identical to the one our eagle-eyed spy photographers snapped in the midst of testing late last week. BMW hasn't released all that many details about the vehicle but we do know that it will celebrate its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show towards the end of November.

The first thing to note about the 2-Series Gran Coupe is that it is underpinned by the same front-wheel drive architecture as the new 1-Series. The car will be sold in a number of different forms, including an M235i xDrive variant with all-wheel drive and the same 306 hp, turbocharged four-cylinder engine as the M135i.

BMW will outfit this model with a newly developed mechanical Torsen limited-slip differential and the same near-actuator wheel slip limitation (ARB) technology as the electric i3s. This system uses a slip controller positioned directly in the engine control unit rather than in the control unit for the Dynamic Stability Control system, eliminating long signal paths meaning important information is relayed up to three times faster.

The German car manufacturer says the "2 Series Gran Coupe has been conceived as a global offering and represents an appealing addition to the model line-up, in particular in markets where the sedan body style enjoys strong popularity."

Interestingly, BMW will reportedly build the next-generation 2-Series coupe and convertible versions on a rear-wheel drive platform, meaning the second-gen M2 will be just as tail-happy as the current model.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/bmw-shows-new-2-series-gran-coupe-with-colorful-camo/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

HTTP://404- Prestige gap not found

Please try the following:

• Keep all 2 series RWD
  • Stop diving deeper into shittiness BMW WTF
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Yeah I am surprised the 2-series is using a FWD platform...I thought they were going to keep that RWD (w/ AWD optional).

r0tor

I probably would have bought a rwd/awd 4 door 2er... Not this crap though
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 24, 2019, 05:56:57 AM
Yeah I am surprised the 2-series is using a FWD platform...I thought they were going to keep that RWD (w/ AWD optional).

Re-read.

Raza

I see BMW is sticking with the sedan of a coupe of a sedan model.  Whatever works for them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MexicoCityM3

This car is on the same platform as the X1/X2/MINI, etc etc.

Check out C/Ds review of the X2 M35i for a preview of how the "hot" version of this car will drive:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a28471144/2019-bmw-x2-m35i-vs-2020-range-rover-evoque-p300/

Of course the 2 GC will be better to drive lighter and with a lower CoG.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Xer0

Interesting, so the coupe 2 series will continue to be RWD.  No idea how that makes any sense but if it works and keeps the M2 RWD then thats good I guess.  Knowing modern cars no word on a manual yet right?

12,000 RPM

I just read that review... so poorly written, they barely talked about the X2

4.7 0-60 (with launch control) and a 105MPH trap speed is pretty effing spicy... and the price is pretty reasonable too
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on July 24, 2019, 08:12:07 AM
Interesting, so the coupe 2 series will continue to be RWD.  No idea how that makes any sense but if it works and keeps the M2 RWD then thats good I guess.  Knowing modern cars no word on a manual yet right?

BMW is probably willing to spend extra on a separate platform to keep the enthusiasts happy. It does make sense since buyers of a coupe/convertible will probably be more into purist driving than someone buying a hatchback.

It does suck for those guys who want a RWD hatchback family car, but they should hold on to their E87s and F20s since those look ten times better than the new 1er!!! ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de