Speaking of VTEC... new Acura Type S concept is a stunna

Started by 12,000 RPM, August 13, 2019, 04:30:59 PM

12,000 RPM

I really love the side profile. Who says you need prestige gap to make a beautiful sedan?

Hoping they keep the J35 alive and throw a DCT + hybrid drive in the mix.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Looks great.  I'm sure it won't be quite that clean once it gets production-ized (side mirrors, door handles, window trim, etc.), but that's one nice shape for sure.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2019, 06:12:58 PM
Looks great.  I'm sure it won't be quite that clean once it gets production-ized (side mirrors, door handles, window trim, etc.), but that's one nice shape for sure.

Electronic, handleless door latches, side view cameras, cameras instead of windows.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2019, 06:12:58 PM
Yes, the overall proportions and surfaces are good. I don't like the extra window behind the rear door but that is minor.

Very curious about the powertrain

Eye of the Tiger

SJ_GTI

It looks good, but we will see how it translates to production.

I do like that color though.

Xer0

I'll wait till the car is actually out.  The Acura of the last 15 or so years has been really good about releasing cars that are 90% of the way to great and are let down by cheapening out at the last 10%.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

I thought the market wants SUVs and CUVs? Why waste resources on a sedan that nobody will buy?

Looks stunning for sure.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Acura Type S Concept Is A (Sexy) Sign Of Things To Come

The Type S moniker has been brought back from the dead, 11 years after it was last seen in Acura's lineup. Mind you, it's not being used on a production car yet, but on a very attractive concept, unveiled earlier this week, which serves as a preview for the TLX Type S.

With curves in all the right places, a new and more elegant grille design, large air intakes at the front, a clean silhouette and a rear end that could scare away an Alfa Romeo Giulia driver, the Type S Concept is one head-turning car.

Unfortunately, Acura hasn't opened it up yet, but it says it has a functioning interior. There's no word on what powers it either, but when Acura announced that they will revive the Type S brand early last year, they confirmed the development of a new turbo'd V6, paired to the latest iteration of the brand's all-wheel drive system. The show car also gets high-performance brakes from Brembo, with four piston calipers.

Should you want to see the Type S Concept in the flesh, then you'll want to head on down to the Monterey Car Week, as it will be displayed over there from August 15. You can also take a closer look at it in the following walkaround video, posted by KelleyBlueBlook, which highlights some of its most eye-catching elements.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAfjIt33ilI

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/acura-type-s-concept-is-a-sexy-sign-of-good-things-to-come/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

NomisR

Yes finally, the font facade actually looks good.  I hope they do this with all the new Acruas.

Raza

It actually looks pretty good.  So it'll definitely flop.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on August 15, 2019, 09:17:22 AM
It actually looks pretty good.  So it'll definitely flop.

Bring Back the Beak! #BBB!

Eye of the Tiger

12,000 RPM

Transverse transmissions are an inherent limit on HP

It is what it is :(

Honda could afford a RWD platform... but for what? Won't sell anymore crossovers. I'm OK with it

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 18, 2019, 06:43:31 AM
Transverse transmissions are an inherent limit on HP

It is what it is :(

Honda could afford a RWD platform... but for what? Won't sell anymore crossovers. I'm OK with it

Sure, that's why 5000 HP sidewinder top fuel cars were a thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator