Peugeot 2008

Started by 2o6, June 19, 2019, 10:18:19 AM

2o6

As expected, it's a B-segment crossover version of the 208. Powertrain options are identical, including the "e-2008"; 50kw/h battery.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/355459/peugeot-2008-debuts-ev-option/amp/

Payman

2o6

I think it looks great; but as usual I think it's a fail that PSA doesn't offer AWD on its crossovers.

12,000 RPM

Customers really don't care

Lift a hatchback, give it a floating roof, put a big screen in the center console... you are printing money
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Interior is kinda cool. Exterior is so-so. Looks better from the rear and side than the front.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

93JC

Quote from: 2o6 on June 19, 2019, 11:36:39 AM
I think it looks great; but as usual I think it's a fail that PSA doesn't offer AWD on its crossovers.

Wait, hwut? Really?

Lolololol

Galaxy

I usually like PSA stuff in a quirky sort a way, but this seems a bit bland.

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 19, 2019, 01:01:15 PM
Interior is kinda cool. Exterior is so-so. Looks better from the rear and side than the front.
I was thinking the same thing.  I like the rear view especially.  Don't like the whole 'floating roof' concept though.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

BimmerM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 19, 2019, 12:06:09 PM

Lift a hatchback, give it a floating roof, put a big screen in the center console... you are printing money

Depends on the location. No AWD is a deal breaker for a lot of people in CO. Probably not so much in NC.

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on June 19, 2019, 01:18:49 PM
Wait, hwut? Really?

Lolololol

The old 3008 had an eAWD setup, but no. No AWD.

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 19, 2019, 12:06:09 PM

Eh, they care enough around here. Even if they don't buy the AWD model, the fact AWD is on offer would get them in the showroom. I know a lot of people that wanted an "AWD SUV" and walked out with a FWD Jeep or similar.

Cars like the Kicks and C-HR are losing out with not offering it.

Payman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 19, 2019, 01:01:15 PM

Remove the top half of that double stacked dash and it'll look much better.

The exterior is terrible, with creases all over the damn place, and a front end that looks too big and heavy for the size of the vehicle. A common and unfortunate trait with Japanese CUVs.

cawimmer430

In a different color it actually looks better. Blue doesn't seem to suit it.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

So I am guessing Opel will get a version of this?