New Ford Puma

Started by Galaxy, June 26, 2019, 12:12:54 AM

Galaxy

Cute little thing, but it does not have much resemblance with the OG. The took the light signature from the GT. Ecoboost I3s with 125hp, or a Hybrid with 48V and 155hp. A 125hp diesel is also offered.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/de/de.relatedmedia.viewmore.image.html/content/fordmedia/feu/de/de/news/2019/06/26/der-neue-ford-puma--ein-crossover-suv-mit-attraktivem-design-und/jcr:content/rightRailPar/relatedmedia.html#

^There is a nifty tub in the trunk with a plug that can be hosed out.

Hmm can not hotlink the photos.

2o6

I don't know how to feel about it. It looks weird from the front, and in typical Ford small car fashion, the interior looks small. It's also FWD only.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to the US, but I think Ford really needs a cheaper and traditional car that isn't an SUV in our market. Just one.

I don't understand why this AND the Ecosport exists.

12,000 RPM

If Ford is smart this will put the Ecosport to pasture

I agree that Ford should have 1 car- the new Focus- selling at lower volumes/higher margins.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Also is Kuga supposed to be some kind of play on Cougar?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

For the love of God, please stop ruining the names of fun, small, sporty cars by slapping them on lame-ass CUVs....
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Galaxy

I think this is the chocolate angle.

Eye of the Tiger

I'll just echo ... what is the foookin point? We should have the new Fiesta.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Xer0

It really doesn't look that bad honestly.  The new styling looks better here than the escape and this seems worlds better than the echoshit.

MX793

I like the way it looks, for a CUV, but give it its own name.  Surprised they didn't rename the new Kuga "Capri".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BimmerM3

Quote from: Xer0 on June 26, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
It really doesn't look that bad honestly.  The new styling looks better here than the escape and this seems worlds better than the echoshit.

Yeah I kinda like it.

Xer0

cawimmer430

I thought it was a Kia - at first glance.  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

It does look kind of Korean.

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on July 01, 2019, 08:25:39 AM
It does look kind of Korean.

It's one of those cars where I find the rear more attractive than the front. That's been happening a lot lately. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Something I would never be in the market for, but it's a neat little package.  Love the way the wheels fill the wheel wells.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."