Next-Generation Mitsubishi Lancer Is Hypothetical, Still Quite Cool

Started by cawimmer430, July 07, 2019, 09:00:50 AM

cawimmer430

Rendering is based of a current Renault Megane sedan, still looks cool.

Next-Generation Mitsubishi Lancer Is Hypothetical, Still Quite Cool

To say that the tenth-generation Mitsubishi Lancer looks dated would be a major understatement.

Believe it or not, it was launched in 2007 and is still on sale in some markets like Brazil, Egypt and Taiwan.

While it is no longer available in the rest of the world, the Lancer nameplate could return as a global model in the future. Recently, a report claimed that Mitsubishi is planning to bring back the Lancer Evolution for an eleventh generation.

If that were to happen, then surely the automaker should first launch a new regular Lancer, right? Following this logic, the folks from Kolesa tried to anticipate how the 11th-generation would look like if it were to use the brand's latest Dynamic Shield design language.

The first step was to apply the typical Mitsubishi grille with chrome moldings on the sides (as seen on the Eclipse Cross and facelifted L200 pickup) to the body of the Renault Megane Sedan. The designer then opted for sleek LED headlights and chunky DRLs — both also familiar from the latest Mitsubishi concepts and production models.

The two-tone bodywork with dark grey roof and A pillars provides a nice contrast to the rest of the car that's painted white; it also makes the Lancer look more dynamic thanks to the "floating roof" trick applied to the C pillars. Actually, this is inspired by the Mitsubishi Engelberg Tourer Concept.

Moving on to the rear, the hypothetical Mitsubishi Lancer adopts horizontal LED taillights united by a light bar according to the latest trends in car design. There's also a sporty bumper with a diffuser-like insert in the middle and concealed tailpipes.

Choosing the Renault Megane Sedan as a basis for these renderings is not fortuitous as the aforementioned report claimed the next-generation Lancer would share underpinnings with the upcoming Megane. We wouldn't mind that one bit, as long as the next-generation Lancer looked like this. Would you?

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/next-generation-mitsubishi-lancer-is-hypothetical-still-quite-cool/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Of all the Asian imports, I've always liked the styling of Mitsubishi the best.  Something neat and tidy about it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

They should make  a hatch version too

Surprised Nissan didn't jump on the Megane train for the next Sentra. But I'll take Mitsu badged Clios (Colt) and Meganes (Lancer) any day.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 07, 2019, 10:54:29 AM
They should make  a hatch version too

Surprised Nissan didn't jump on the Megane train for the next Sentra. But I'll take Mitsu badged Clios (Colt) and Meganes (Lancer) any day.

The Chinese Syplhy will likely be our Sentra, and IMO it looks good.

https://www.motor1.com/news/344844/nissan-sylphy-unveiled-shanghai/

Raza

I couldn't pick it out of a lineup.  Looks like every Japanese or Korean compact or midsize sedan made today.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Nice to see the Ford Fusion MachIII razor grille making an appearance.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on July 07, 2019, 03:36:17 PM
Nice to see the Ford Fusion MachIII razor grille making an appearance.

Mitsu is a cheaper brand so it's only a Mach 2
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 07, 2019, 09:57:11 AM
Of all the Asian imports, I've always liked the styling of Mitsubishi the best.  Something neat and tidy about it.

Yeah, same. I always felt that Mitsubishi's styling was nicer than their Japanese rivals until the last two Galant generations appeared. That's when they lost it, IMO.

The 6th generation Galant is still one of the best-looking saloons ever created, especially in GTI/VR4 trim. I'm biased, I had one. :praise:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie