Here’s What The Updated 2022 Genesis G70 Will Look Like, Apparently

Started by cawimmer430, June 30, 2020, 04:14:31 AM

cawimmer430

Here's What The Updated 2022 Genesis G70 Will Look Like, Apparently

The Genesis G70 is just three years old, yet the Korean brand is already planning on changing its appearance so that it blends in better with its latest models.

Genesis' new design language has been splitting opinions as of late, but we've yet to see it applied to a D-segment 4 door sports sedan, which is where the facelifted G70 comes in. Is a more elegant aesthetic the way to go though? Let's see what we're working with here.

The G70 features dynamic lines and a sporty stance, with an angular front fascia that says "driver's car", more or less. Newer Genesis models like the GV80 or the G80 have gone the other route, as the carmaker's latest design language is more elegant than anything else.

Granted, we already know what the updated G70 is going to look like thanks to recently leaked images, so conclusions have already been drawn. What we haven't seen however is a whole front-to-back image with the new design already integrated – this is where Kolesa comes in with their latest illustration.

The split headlights are interesting to look at, but we're not convinced they actually improve the overall aesthetic of the car. Same goes for the visibly larger grille. The rear however works just as well as before, although it does give off a bit of a "naked" vibe without the trunk lid wing logo.

Inside, we expect to see a fully digital gauge cluster, a new infotainment system and a few trim changes possibly. As for the engine range, the current 2.0-liter turbo four will reportedly make way for a 2.5-liter turbo unit, good for 290 HP and 310 lb-ft (420 Nm) of torque.

The restyled Genesis G70 should make its U.S. debut sometime next year as a 2022 model.

Note: This is an independent illustration made by Kolesa and is not endorsed by or related to Genesis in any way

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/heres-what-the-updated-genesis-g70-looks-like-apparently/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Xer0

I dig it.  Really interested on if the face-lift will keep the 6spd manual.  Its a perfect car for me if it does.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Morris Minor

The new G80 is nice and, along with the GV80, the coup de grâce to end Infiniti's suffering.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

MX793

I didn't realize this was a photoshop when I first commented (was viewing on my phone).  So are there any actual pictures?

BTW, I'm getting so sick of articles popping up in my feed about "check out wild new concept for [insert car]" or "Here's what the new [insert car] will look like", and they are all just renderings and photoshops and all of them from random people on the web, not the companies that actually produce the cars.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on June 30, 2020, 05:46:35 PM
I didn't realize this was a photoshop when I first commented (was viewing on my phone).  So are there any actual pictures?

BTW, I'm getting so sick of articles popping up in my feed about "check out wild new concept for [insert car]" or "Here's what the new [insert car] will look like", and they are all just renderings and photoshops and all of them from random people on the web, not the companies that actually produce the cars.

Stop clicking the links :lol:
Will

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 06, 2020, 03:43:30 PM
Stop clicking the links :lol:

That's what I've done.  But because Google recognizes "cars" as one of my interests, I keep getting recommendations for these "Here's what the new _____ looks like" articles that are just photochops/renders created by enthusiasts and not the car companies themselves.

There are a lot of great artists out of there and some do great work, but the click-baity titles piss me off.  Title it what it is.  "New fan rendering of ________".
Needs more Jiggawatts

r0tor

Quote from: MX793 on June 30, 2020, 05:46:35 PM

Agreed
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV