Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

giant_mtb

TOYOPER doesn't make sense.  It reads like toy-oh-per.

BENZ BOY15

Well shit man, I'm out of ideas. :lol: UP LIVIN is my final shot.

But that's a little predictable and doesn't incorporate Toyota or Tacoma obviously. You sure got a challenge trying to figure this one out because there isn't really anything....that fits.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 24, 2015, 02:54:33 PM
I've put about 120 miles on this season. Filled it up when I got it out and haven't had to fuel it up since.

Not bad.

They're definitely very efficient and I see them around more and more, even on the mountain.....but the roads are great for it, I suppose. I still have yet to ride one but perhaps one of these days, I finally will.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Secret Chimp

^ I do not miss all of the terrible vanity plates in Ohio. $50 vs $85 is apparently what you need to weed out all of the bad ideas.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

GoCougs

giant_mtb

Yeah. I'm honestly just gonna go regular plate.  I had a vanity for long enough. 

AutobahnSHO

VA is the craziest vanity area I've seen
Will

shp4man

I worked on a Ranger once that had "PHUKEN A" as a plate. Can't believe DMV let that one go.  :lol:

Lebowski

Vanity places are pretty rare here. I've never had one, never given any thought to getting one. I agree LOTR is pretty good, most of them are cheesy.

CALL_911

I don't dislike LOTR but I wouldn't have put it on a base A4. I'd have been down for it on like an R8 or RS5. Still its not bad

Seems like every time I see a plate like ___ BENZ or something related to the car being a prestigious marque, its the absolute bottom rung. Shits always on like a clapped out C240 or something.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

giant_mtb

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 27, 2015, 06:38:39 PM
I don't dislike LOTR but I wouldn't have put it on a base A4. I'd have been down for it on like an R8 or RS5. Still its not bad

Seems like every time I see a plate like ___ BENZ or something related to the car being a prestigious marque, its the absolute bottom rung. Shits always on like a clapped out C240 or something.

Yeah, I mean it would have been cool if I hadn't had a base model, but I couldn't afford not to. That said, the plate was available so I took it anyway.  I feel stupid having it on the Tacoma.

Rupert

When I bought my old Miata, it came with plates that said GRL RCR.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

GoCougs

Nice truck. This dealer has had this on their lot for while. I've been thinking about it...

http://www.matsondodge.com/auto/used-2012-toyota-tacoma-4wd-auburn-98002-wa/2467564/

MexicoCityM3

Congrats on the Tacoma but that A4 was nice (for a VW). :evildude:
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 27, 2015, 06:41:28 PM
Yeah, I mean it would have been cool if I hadn't had a base model, but I couldn't afford not to. That said, the plate was available so I took it anyway.  I feel stupid having it on the Tacoma.

Try as I might, I can't make a connection between LOTR and the Tacoma.

:lol:

So yeah, a regular plate wouldn't be the absolute worst idea in the world.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on May 28, 2015, 11:49:55 AM
Try as I might, I can't make a connection between LOTR and the Tacoma.

Tacoma driver is a Lord of the Rings fan? Maybe his middle name is Sauron.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MaxPower

Congrats. I drive an older one and it's been a great truck.  Capable of everything I've ever needed, including some pretty stupid stuff like pulling a stuck L series Kubota w/ bush hog out of a muddy hole.

giant_mtb

Quote from: MaxPower on May 28, 2015, 05:47:10 PM
Congrats. I drive an older one and it's been a great truck.  Capable of everything I've ever needed, including some pretty stupid stuff like pulling a stuck L series Kubota w/ bush hog out of a muddy hole.

Thanks! :rockon: :rockon:

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

FIRST MOD:  Removed radio antenna for XTreem offroad clearance and wiggle reduxion.

AutobahnSHO

Will

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 31, 2015, 11:19:03 AM
SECOND MOD (ordered) 'cause FM transmitters are just too fuzzy:  http://www.amazon.com/Interface-Adapter-Toyota-Avalon-Sequoia/dp/B00TK3PTAE/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2D5NUV3A91FLQ

That is true.

I went through a few FM transmitters over the years with the Accord and none of them would ever work right. You'd think they might figure out a way to eliminate that fuzziness by now.

giant_mtb

It's more the limitation of radio itself.  FM transmitter or not, radio just does not transmit high enough quality. The FM transmitter I have now works very well, but a direct connection is just so much better,

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 01, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
It's more the limitation of radio itself.  FM transmitter or not, radio just does not transmit high enough quality. The FM transmitter I have now works very well, but a direct connection is just so much better,

Clay got me a direct connection for the Lexus (or perhaps it came with it....dunno) and the difference is truly remarkable. It looks like it's a different setup than yours as mine is through the cassette tape but I suppose the end result is the same WRT bypassing the FM radio.  It also sounds like you had better luck with the FM transmitter than I did because I don't think I'd label the ones I used as 'working very well'. Sketchy is the way I'd describe it.

Then again, any sort of technology seems to go haywire when I'm involved...so perhaps that was a part of it.

giant_mtb

Tape adapters aren't a direct connection any more than an FM transmitter is. lol

MrH

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 01, 2015, 03:34:51 PM
Tape adapters aren't a direct connection any more than an FM transmitter is. lol

:lol: :facepalm:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 01, 2015, 03:34:51 PM

I had a feeling my description was going to get ridiculed, so let me try it a different way: It is seemingly more direct because there is less interference and it just sounds better. It's also more consistent.  Even I realize it's not the same as a true AUX input like the Fit or any other new car these days, but if there is a hierarchy of ways of doing it, this way seems to be better than the FM way.

That's my point.

CALL_911

IME tape adapters are better, but they still suck

2004 S2000
2016 340xi