Ford Bronco first look!

Started by Payman, July 13, 2020, 07:52:59 PM

Morris Minor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 15, 2020, 12:24:24 PM
Quickly looking at sales data, it seems like the Blazer sells decently. And it's probably cheap for GM to make/develop.
All that manly rugged 4X4 offroad heritage to help you get out of the Enterprise Car Rental lot.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 14, 2020, 06:04:48 AM
It'll be a huge success. I'd like to be a Ford salesman.
https://youtu.be/804v_uYrsko

The Bronco Sport would be a good option for you when the CR-V finally goes tits up. :ohyeah:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on July 15, 2020, 12:27:20 PM
Definitely a bunt for first base.

I don't understand what people want from GM - they didn't have a competitor in that space (FWD midsized crossover), and the Blazer is sharp looking, selling decently, and reviews as a generally pretty decent product.

It's not like the old S-10 Blazer or the old Trailblazer were pinnacles of off road prowess. Also, it's not like Ford doesn't have the Edge, which a lot of people seem to like.

If they didn't have one, y'all would have given them shit.

Also....Ford stock is $6.50.

With that being said, I don't anticipate GM creating a Bronco competitor, sadly. GM has really been streamlining their entries, and I can't see them actually putting any energy into cutting up a Colorado and selling it, unless it was EV only.

Hummer is coming back, maybe they'll make the H4 concept, but make it an EV. That would actually be kind of cool.

2o6

Side note, I am ALREADY seeing people shit all over the Bronco for dumbshit reasons. I know this forum likes to deride Twitter and FB and social media for "ruining" everything, but lately, I truly wonder if the internet as a whole has ruined car enthusiasm.

Laconian

IMO karma points on discussion forums have gamified discussions, turning them into venues for converting scorn into points.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 15, 2020, 03:40:37 PM
The Bronco Sport would be a good option for you when the CR-V finally goes tits up. :ohyeah:
And it will go tits up. Of that I'm certain.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on July 15, 2020, 04:10:18 PM

What does stock price have to do with anything?  Tesla's share price is like $1500 a share and it has never turned an annual profit in 17 years of operation.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 2o6 on July 15, 2020, 04:12:50 PM
Side note, I am ALREADY seeing people shit all over the Bronco for dumbshit reasons. I know this forum likes to deride Twitter and FB and social media for "ruining" everything, but lately, I truly wonder if the internet as a whole has ruined car enthusiasm.

They have to be "edgy" with a hot take.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on July 15, 2020, 04:53:45 PM
What does stock price have to do with anything?  Tesla's share price is like $1500 a share and it has never turned an annual profit in 17 years of operation.

Tesla > Ferd  :erjerbs:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

2o6

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 15, 2020, 04:43:00 PM
And it will go tits up. Of that I'm certain.

Why not just dump it now? Clearly you don't like it. No matter the problems, it's still a CR-V with great resale value, and right now the used car market is a sellers market (at least right this instant)

Soup DeVille

I think its a really good vehicle for what its intended to be. It just doesn't fit my current needs, and I'd hoped it would, that's all.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on July 15, 2020, 04:27:55 PM
IMO karma points on discussion forums have gamified discussions, turning them into venues for converting scorn into points.

People on the internet are ruining lots of things. :(
Will

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on July 15, 2020, 04:27:55 PM

-2 points for using the term "gamified"

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 16, 2020, 06:58:37 AM
-2 points for using the term "gamified"

+1 for assigning points
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 16, 2020, 07:06:40 AM
+1 for assigning points

Gilded! Congrats on making the front page!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on July 16, 2020, 11:21:40 AM
Gilded! Congrats on making the front page!

This is a horse thread, so I read that as gelded.

Laconian

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 16, 2020, 11:32:57 AM
This is a horse thread, so I read that as gelded.
So were're saying that a Blazer is like a gelded Bronco?  No wonder it looks to bloated.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Gotta-Qik-C7

I don't understand what people want from GM - they didn't have a competitor in that space (FWD midsized crossover), and the Blazer is sharp looking, selling decently, and reviews as a generally pretty decent product.

It's not like the old S-10 Blazer or the old Trailblazer were pinnacles of off road prowess. Also, it's not like Ford doesn't have the Edge, which a lot of people seem to like.

If they didn't have one, y'all would have given them shit.

With that being said, I don't anticipate GM creating a Bronco competitor, sadly. GM has really been streamlining their entries, and I can't see them actually putting any energy into cutting up a Colorado and selling it, unless it was EV only.

Hummer is coming back, maybe they'll make the H4 concept, but make it an EV. That would actually be kind of cool.

https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/hummer-ev
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

It's not like the old S-10 Blazer or the old Trailblazer were pinnacles of off road prowess.

Excuse me

The ZR2 was a freaking beast off road.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 15, 2020, 05:31:50 AM
Boats, campers...

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 15, 2020, 06:22:08 AM
The current camper weighs just over 5000 lbs dry- loaded, its close to 6000. The LC is rated at 6500, but its not a good tow vehicle. That camper is in fact a bit cramped for 6 people, and I'd like to have the option to upsize.

I also tow a boat that weighs around 3500. That tows really nicely over the road, and even up mountains and such; but pulling it out of the water is a bit dodgier than I'd like, especially on some of the steeper ramps that are covered with algae and slippery.

Okay, well, what's a camper?

EDIT: I Googled it. Looks like an RV without the car part? A caravan.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Lots of realities have ruined car enthusiasm (not least cars themselves), but this Bronco is a hit. Apparently, white people tow small, shitty houses behind their car a lot, and it's not great for that, but other than that this car is really cool.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on July 20, 2020, 11:37:07 AM
Okay, well, what's a camper?

EDIT: I Googled it. Looks like an RV without the car part? A caravan.

A caravan is a group of people, vehicles, and possibly animals traveling together in a line.

A camper trailer is a trailerized living space, with amenities like running water and/or a toilet, used in lieu of a tent or cabin when camping.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 20, 2020, 11:46:52 AM
A caravan is a group of people, vehicles, and possibly animals traveling together in a line.

A camper trailer is a trailerized living space, with amenities like running water and/or a toilet, used in lieu of a tent or cabin when camping.

That's one definition of a caravan. I'm talking about the things they used to destroy on Top Gear. I'd honestly never heard the term camper used to describe something other than a person who camps before. Whether in wilderness or in a video game. I know I joke about being out of touch, but this one was for real. When I go on vacation, I've never desired to drag my hotel along behind my car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: MX793 on July 20, 2020, 11:46:52 AM

That could also be a convoy. 

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on July 20, 2020, 12:10:02 PM
That's one definition of a caravan. I'm talking about the things they used to destroy on Top Gear. I'd honestly never heard the term camper used to describe something other than a person who camps before. Whether in wilderness or in a video game. I know I joke about being out of touch, but this one was for real. When I go on vacation, I've never desired to drag my hotel along behind my car.
The British, maybe the Aussies as well, refer to them as caravans.  I always thought caravans involved camels.

MX793

Caravan, from the French Caravane, which means group of travellers.  That the English decided to associate the word with the covered wagons used by caravans, and then extend that association to travel trailers, is a separate matter.

Many people with camper trailers use them to stay in remote places devoid of hotels.  You can rent camp spaces out in the woods at many parks.  You can bring a tent or trailer.  Some have small cabins for rent, in addition to sites for tents or trailers.
Needs more Jiggawatts

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 20, 2020, 12:18:01 PM
Caravan, from the French Caravane, which means group of travellers.  That the English decided to associate the word with the covered wagons used by caravans, and then extend that association to travel trailers, is a separate matter.

Many people with camper trailers use them to stay in remote places devoid of hotels.  You can rent camp spaces out in the woods at many parks.  You can bring a tent or trailer.  Some have small cabins for rent, in addition to sites for tents or trailers.

See, renting a cabin is more my speed. Did it last year, loved it. Actual camping? Not for me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Laconian

'Rona makes campers more attractive due to their self sufficiency - you have your own kitchen, your own bathroom - but otherwise I agree with you. The insurance, fuel, and depreciation definitely make RVs a losing value proposition against hotels, unless you have a LOT OF TIME to spend in that RV to amortize the costs.