Hyundai Palisade

Started by 68_427, November 12, 2018, 04:45:22 PM

veeman

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/telluride/2020/2020-kia-telluride-first-drive-review/

I like this.  It's a bit larger than the Hyundai version (Palisade). Not a huge fan of the grill but the side profile and rear are good.  Also the first drive comments from Motor Trend are good.  Suspension/ride seem fine which was a Hyundai/Kia weakness. Decent (not great) 3rd row and good room behind the third row which is where a lot of these 3 row SUVs fail (Mazda). Not a great AWD system but it'll get you out of a snow covered parking lot or up a steep hill covered with a few inches of snow which is what's needed. Great price and great warranty. 

Out of all of these 3 row SUVs in this price range I think I'll like this and the VW Atlas the best.  VW Atlas also has a real good warranty (for VW) being 6 yr/72,000 miles and I think the VW looks better. VWs are more expensive to service and repair and after the warranty are more likely to give trouble I think.   

veeman

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a29516727/new-3-row-suvs-compared/

These two new Koreans are kicking the competition's ass.  Every comparison I've seen of them places them 1st.  They're slightly cheaper, have a really nice interiors, and the V6 engine is smooth.  I had really high hopes for the Ford Explorer and I'm sure it's a fine SUV, but, the Hyundai/Kia is just great.  I think in a year or two I'm going to get one.  At the last autoshow in NYC, I was really impressed with them.  The USB ports on the seat backs of the front seats was a very good idea.  Lots of crowds around them. 

giant_mtb

USB ports...the selling point of modern vehicles.

veeman

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 28, 2019, 09:18:25 AM
USB ports...the selling point of modern vehicles.

Well, it used to be the number of cup holders :lol:

r0tor

I'm a fan of the Telluride on paper... Might have to check one out when it's jeep replacement time.

The Hyundai is just ugly
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed