DS 9 Is France’s Newest Premium Sedan And It’s Based On The Peugeot 508

Started by cawimmer430, February 24, 2020, 07:51:48 AM

cawimmer430

DS 9 Is France's Newest Premium Sedan And It's Based On The Peugeot 508

It's been half a year since the DS 9 broke cover in China as somewhat of a luxed-up Peugeot 508 L, with the French brand getting ready to unveil the European version later today.

Unfortunately for them, a video was published early on YouTube, allowing the folks over at Worldscoop Forum to kick thins off by grabbing as many screen shoots as they could. We then found the official trailer and grabbed a bunch of screeners of our own.

Alas, this is the car that will soon join the DS range, working alongside the DS3 Crossback and DS7 Crossback SUVs. The DS 9's public debut will take place next week at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=znv7MQZ2WGE

Visually, DS tried to do all they could so as to separate the "9" from the Peugeot 508 – such as having two feature different shoulder lines and roof lines. There's also a lot of chrome involved, such as the thick line that graces the hood vertically. That's a bold design choice, to say the least.

Other design traits include the chrome surrounds for the taillights, the fastback-like silhouette (obviously), and diamond-shaped light graphics at the rear. One thing that did surprise us is that the 9 does not feature frameless door windows like the Peugeot 508, which is a curious choice since most people view this type of setup as classy or even luxurious when it comes to family cars.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/ds9-is-frances-newest-premium-sedan-and-its-based-on-the-peugeot-508/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Like all cars in the DS range the exterior is ok, however the interior is stunning. Love all of the attention to detail. The rear turn signal indicator position is interesting.

You know, that would make a pretty good Chrysler, Just saying.

Laconian

I really wish I could sit in one of the DS cars for myself, at least in a car show or something. It's all very beautiful and trippy. I wonder how well it works in regular lighting.

It's too bad they gave up on the hydropneumatic suspension. The active suspension implementation they use nowadays is much less spectacular. Just ride height and shock adjustment.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD