***Dad's New Car: It's Finally Here!***

Started by cawimmer430, March 16, 2020, 09:13:31 AM

cawimmer430

She's finally here!

Sorry for the terrible snapshots. I had no time to take nice pics of the car since I had to explain to my parents the insane technology on board and how to use it! Cruise control etc. are completely different from non-MBUX Benzes.

What can I say about the car? It's not my kind of car, but it is a NICE car and its most likely more comfortable than my A250. Getting into and out of it is clearly better for older people (and me as well) than my lower A-Class. It's the perfect car for older people.

We parted ways at my apartment in Munich and I asked my father of his initial impressions of the car. He already loves it. He is most amazed at the smoothness of that 1.33-l 4-cylinder turbo engine. He can't believe that 4-cylinders are now that smooth and quiet.
They're currently on the way back to Mühldorf am Inn which is basically a 100 km Autobahn drive.

I look forward to driving it soon. Some horrible snapshots for y'all!  :tounge:

Last photo of his 2010 E350 CGI - had a last drive with it today. I was never really attached to this car so saying goodbye was easy for me.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SJ_GTI

Car looks good.

Has anyone ever told you that your dad looks remarkably similar to David Hasselhof?

shp4man

I guess the Hoff is really popular in Germany...I don't understand why, but..... :huh:                                          :muffin:

FoMoJo

1.33, didn't realize the engine was that size.

Nice looking car.  Is it considered a CUV?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: SJ_GTI on March 16, 2020, 10:06:39 AM
Car looks good.

For the next winter he's planning on getting RIAL M10 wheels in 17 or 18 inch. I have the same ones on my A250 in 19".

Quote from: SJ_GTI on March 16, 2020, 10:06:39 AMHas anyone ever told you that your dad looks remarkably similar to David Hasselhof?

I hear it all the time!  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on March 16, 2020, 10:47:28 AM
I guess the Hoff is really popular in Germany...I don't understand why, but..... :huh:                                          :muffin:

Here's why. :lol:

https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/David_Hasselhoff

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 16, 2020, 11:04:53 AM
1.33, didn't realize the engine was that size.

Nice looking car.  Is it considered a CUV?

It's more of an MPV. ;)

Yep, this is the 1.33-l turbo engine developed by Renault-Nissan-Daimler. I've experienced it before and it's a good engine. My dad phoned me when he got home. He basically cruised at 120 km/h on the highway and the new car only consumed 6.1 L / 100 km (38.5 mpg). Not bad at all.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 16, 2020, 02:08:23 PM
Here's why. :lol:

https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/David_Hasselhoff

"pure cocaine (34 lbs. or in the metric system 130 grams), they dropped off the charts."

They need to fact check their conversion rates.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 17, 2020, 06:17:00 AM
"pure cocaine (34 lbs. or in the metric system 130 grams), they dropped off the charts."

They need to fact check their conversion rates.

That is the only inaccuracy  you found in the article?
Cuore Sportivo

Soup DeVille

Quote from: mzziaz on March 17, 2020, 06:41:23 AM
That is the only inaccuracy  you found in the article?

Yes. All else seems entirely true.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Morris Minor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2020, 05:26:25 PM
Yes. All else seems entirely true.
34 lbs. converts almost exactly to 17°C actually. I grew up in Europe so please trust me on this.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on March 19, 2020, 05:42:32 PM
34 lbs. converts almost exactly to 17°C actually. I grew up in Europe so please trust me on this.

If you can say that with a British accent then I will have no choice but to believe you.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Update!

So my dad visited me in Europe with his new car last Monday. On the drive to Munich he achieved 6.2 L / 100 km (37.9 mpg) at a steady 120 km/h with short bursts into the 140 km/h region. Not bad at all.

I've not driven his new car yet, and it will take awhile because due to the Corona lockdown we're not allowed to drive to other cities.  :cry:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 21, 2020, 01:54:37 PM
Update!

So my dad visited me in Europe with his new car last Monday. On the drive to Munich he achieved 6.2 L / 100 km (37.9 mpg) at a steady 120 km/h with short bursts into the 140 km/h region. Not bad at all.

I've not driven his new car yet, and it will take awhile because due to the Corona lockdown we're not allowed to drive to other cities.  :cry:

That is essential business. You should be allowed to travel.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2020, 02:05:38 PM
That is essential business. You should be allowed to travel.

We're allowed to drive in the city to the nearest supermarkets, but that's about it. Today the police and fire trucks were creeping through the city announcing via their speakers that we must stay indoors and avoid unnecessary walks. I saw and heard this from my balcony. Dog-owners are allowed outside to walk their pets. The police also does random checks on drivers and if the trip is unnecessary (like a joy drive) then the driver could get fined. All public and non-essential businesses are closed (cinemas, cafes, restaurants etc.). Shit just got real here.  :frown:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 21, 2020, 07:26:47 PM
We're allowed to drive in the city to the nearest supermarkets, but that's about it. Today the police and fire trucks were creeping through the city announcing via their speakers that we must stay indoors and avoid unnecessary walks. I saw and heard this from my balcony. Dog-owners are allowed outside to walk their pets. The police also does random checks on drivers and if the trip is unnecessary (like a joy drive) then the driver could get fined. All public and non-essential businesses are closed (cinemas, cafes, restaurants etc.). Shit just got real here.  :frown:
The skies are empty of planes. The air is clear. CO2 has gone. Capitalists are being punished.
Vi bor i Gretaland och allt är bra
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

cawimmer430

From Monday, when my dad parked on my neighbor's parking space. B200 and my A250. My dad pretty much aligned his wheels with mine and since these cars are based on the same platform the wheelbase was visually-seen exactly the same.  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Wimmer I sent you a private message on Facebook. :)
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 25, 2020, 02:36:43 PM
Wimmer I sent you a private message on Facebook. :)

Got it.

To answer your question, the best MB for your needs would be the AMG GT Coupe. Your kids will love it. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Due to the lockdown I can't visit my parents in the province, and neither can they visit me in the city. However in the province the police is less present so my dad has been doing some aimless driving trying to get to know the car and learning MBUX. He's really blown away by the fuel economy, his best yet was 5.3 L / 100 km (44.3 mpg) and also by the eagerness of the 1.33-l turbo engine, which he claims feels more eager and responsive than the naturally aspirated 3.5 V6 in his former E-Class.

www.wimmerfotografie.de