First Drive: 2019 Porsche Taycan

Started by cawimmer430, September 25, 2019, 03:23:58 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 05, 2019, 11:42:33 PM
I saw a Star Wars Nissan Rogue the other day. Had a badge on the side and the bumper said "Star Wars" right under the tailgate. So tacky. Nothing else about the car is Star Wars-y.

It was like $2k for some stupid stickers. I know someone who leased one becaus they just had to have one. :facepalm:
Will

CaminoRacer

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/03/2020-porsche-taycan-turbos-range-test/

"Lap two is much like the first, with my podcast backlog shrinking all the way. And then it's over. I roll into my driveway with 209.2 miles on the trip odometer. After two laps of Orange County, the Taycan has surpassed its rated range by 8.2 miles, and it did so with another 78 miles on the range meter. That's 287.2 miles of projected range, folks, some 43 percent better than the EPA rating."
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

More likely to be caused by the garage wiring/charger installation than the car itself, IMO.

FoMoJo

Kinda looks like it's centered around the car.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 09, 2020, 05:25:39 PM
https://youtu.be/7qnYSQykMW4

Interesting to watch, but man, it will take some getting used to enduring these videos with no sound. I checked my volume and.... oh wait, it's an EV. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 18, 2020, 02:21:54 PM
More likely to be caused by the garage wiring/charger installation than the car itself, IMO.

It's an EV.  EVs burn in fires that basically can't be put out.  That's their thing, like how Kim Kardashian's thing is that she has a big ass. 

Every EV's purpose is to burn in an intense fire. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

The outside is sexy, but the interior is merely okay.  The Panamera looks much richer inside, and the loss of physical buttons in favor of all touch screens is disappointing as ever.

My 740i had a sea of buttons, yet it was easier to control most functions with all that "clutter" than it is to perform most basic and complex tasks on even the best modern touch screens. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Porsche Taycan Turbo S Storms Down The Autobahn At Insane Speeds

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0IAgkHpU54

The Porsche Taycan Turbo S may be all-electric but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. In fact, this video proves the sedan can be hugely thrilling to drive.

The footage starts out with a couple of short clips of the driver kicking out the vehicle's tail while accelerating out of corners – not something you'd expect to see from an electric car with all-wheel drive and mountains of grip. Next, we get to see just how quick this thing is in a straight line.

The Automann-TV channel on YouTube tested the car on the German Autobahn and were able to see what it has up its sleeves. In the first run, the Porsche accelerates to 62 mph (100 km/h) in a mere 2.8 seconds and continues to build up speed with frightening pace, hitting 250 km/h (155 mph) in just 17.8 seconds.

Mind you, it's not just the Taycan Turbo S' power off the line that boggles the mind. When driving at 100 km/h (62 mph) on the Autobahn, it takes just 6.9 seconds to get up to 200 km/h (124 mph) after flooring the throttle. That's more than enough pace to snap your head back and push you firmly against the seat.

Making the Porsche Taycan Turbo S so accelerative are the two electric motors that combine to produce 750 HP and 774 lb-ft (1,050 Nm) of torque when Overboost is enabled. Assisting the car's straight-line abilities is the fact that it has a two-speed transmission meaning it continues to pull strongly up to its top speed rather than starting to wane as speeds increase like some other EVs.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-storms-down-the-autobahn-at-insane-speeds/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Holy schittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt the acceleration fries my brain.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT