Modern-Day Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss Study Is Absolutely Glorious

Started by cawimmer430, April 19, 2020, 08:48:03 AM

cawimmer430

Modern-Day Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss Study Is Absolutely Glorious

Following the recent passing of Sir Stirling Moss, designer Costas Phouphoullides has imagined what a new 'Stirling Moss' branded model from the German marque could look like.

In 2009, Mercedes-Benz famously introduced a limited-edition Stirling Moss iteration of the SLR that was inspired by the 300 SLR race car and lacked a roof or a windscreen. Only 75 units were ever built. Whereas the original was based on the SLR, this car is based around the company's current flagship sports car, the AMG GT.

Like the SLR Stirling Moss, this car, dubbed the AMG GT Silver Echo, takes the shape of a speedster but is much more aggressive than the SLR. The nose has been designed to pull in air through the long hood while also doubling as a splitter to produce downforce. There is also a set of eye-catching headlights and LED daytime running lights placed as far outboard as possible to give the driver a marker when cornering.

The rear is equally as jaw-dropping as the front thanks to a pair of large buttresses and an LED light bar stretching the width of the rear. There is also a large diffuser and a F1-inspired rain light.

To ensure the AMG GT Silver Echo would sound just as good as it looks, gases from the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 are funneled out through side-pipes just behind the front wheels. Being a true speedster, the car also lacks a traditional windscreen and makes do with two small wind deflectors in front of the driver and passenger.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/modern-day-mercedes-benz-slr-stirling-moss-study-is-absolutely-glorious/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Laconian

I don't know if I'd call it glorious. It's a gigantic SuperFX penis!  I know that aerodynamics will keep the dust and grit out of your face, but a big rock kicked up by someone veering onto the shoulder.. that's going to knock your teeth out.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Seems a bit overdone with all the wrinkles and creases.  Not sure if Sir Stirling would whole-heartedly approve.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Submariner

Needs to ditch the goofy Jay Leno Chin front spoiler and a slightly more realistic windshield.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

The front looks rather weird, almost Lamborghini Urus-like, but I am digging the rear [lights] and the interior.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie