Boom

Started by Klackamas, March 20, 2012, 08:51:54 PM

Klackamas

http://youtu.be/7Ym9yPWzJgE

Somehow, I don't think the SUV driver lived thru that.

Tough times breed strong people; Strong people create good times; Good times breed weak people; Weak people create tough times.

2o6

Oh god, I saw this last week. A horrific crash.

GoCougs

Wow, probably not. That thing just disintegrated. People are idiots when it comes to driving on the snow; plainly that road was covered.

I drive to a ski area that has a road like that; lots of wrecks too. About two months ago an SUV driver did that same thing to me but I (from the semi's POV) missed the moron by about two feet.

It's sobering to realize just how dangerous driving truly is, and amazing there aren't a LOT more wrecks and deaths.

GoCougs

Guy in the cube van kept it together pretty good actually...

TurboDan

Wow, that's insane.

SVT666

That was actually kinda hard to watch.

Cookie Monster

That was really shocking. I didn't think the SUV would just explode like that.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

AutobahnSHO

Ouch. You really really have to be careful in snow- looks like he would have been fine had he stayed "in the groove" but the minute you're out of it your car will be doing some crazy things.
Will

S204STi

Divided highways.

Man, that's a nasty wreck.

hounddog

That is pretty ugly. 

I have seen cars which were unrecognizable after colliding with tractor-trailers and now I know why.  I had no idea they just came apart like that. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Holy shit. That truck just SMASHED through that porker of an SUV as if it were a hot knife going through butter! Holy crap!  :mask:

NO WAY THE DRIVER SURVIVED THAT! NO WAY!
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

One of the few car wreck videos that actually shocked me and was hard to watch.

And that's a fairly modern SUV? Wow. :mask:

Klackamas

Yea, I know. I would never think it to disintegrate like that. Especially since the SUV has momentum sideways to the oncoming truck.

If the truck didn't brake at all, how fast do you think he was going? 65 or so? 

It's almost like the SUV was made largely of fiberglass (can't be) or the truck was carrying a really heavy load in the back which added to the punch.
Tough times breed strong people; Strong people create good times; Good times breed weak people; Weak people create tough times.

Northlands

Quote from: Klackamas on March 24, 2012, 06:05:49 PM
Yea, I know. I would never think it to disintegrate like that. Especially since the SUV has momentum sideways to the oncoming truck.

If the truck didn't brake at all, how fast do you think he was going? 65 or so? 

It's almost like the SUV was made largely of fiberglass (can't be) or the truck was carrying a really heavy load in the back which added to the punch.

This was my first thought. Probably a full load and going at a good clip. No way that driver in the SUV made it out alive. Horrible.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Raza

No video loads up.  :huh:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

Looks like a Blazer,which were notoriously shitty.

hounddog

Quote from: CJ on March 27, 2012, 02:56:27 PM
Looks like a Blazer,which were notoriously shitty.
Judging by the axle width next to the box truck I believe it was a full sized truck based SUV, same for the length compared to the axle width of that box truck.

Not sure it was a GM, but it does look like it.  Pretty hard to tell on both size and make.

Semi trucks normally run up to 80,000lbs, some up to 121,000lbs for tandem trailers in some places (EoT, feel free to give us current numbers)  so while this is pretty shocking, I have seen results which were similar, but not quite that bad.  Just never realized how destructive the crash would actually have to be to see parts strewn about like that.    
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Klackamas

Klackamas

Someone just posted this on another site. You never know when your number is up.   :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHEv7oJEd0

CaminoRacer

I've seen two dumbasses going the wrong way before. It's terrifying
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

RomanChariot

Luckily, nobody was seriously injured in that accident. They found the truck that was driving the wrong way and it had marijuana and drug paraphernalia in it. The driver, who is not the owner, fled the scene and they have not found him yet.

AutobahnSHO

friggin idiots!
Will

Laconian

Quote from: RomanChariot on June 15, 2017, 08:49:35 AM
Luckily, nobody was seriously injured in that accident. They found the truck that was driving the wrong way and it had marijuana and drug paraphernalia in it. The driver, who is not the owner, fled the scene and they have not found him yet.

Idiots!!!!!!!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on March 20, 2012, 09:27:12 PM
Guy in the cube van kept it together pretty good actually...

Found the gap nicely. Looked where he wanted to go.

Well, if nothing else we know that SUV driver probably won't be doing that again.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Klackamas

I guess 50 airbags might help, but still, momentum is a killer. Maybe radar with airbags on the outside. Shit, I don't know.  :huh:

12,000 RPM

Energy is energy.... crumple zones and airbags can only do so much.

This video should serve as a PSA for all the SUV drivers who become Lewis Hamilton in bad weather.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs