SC Speed traps

Started by AutobahnSHO, November 30, 2015, 12:12:11 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 18, 2016, 02:21:03 PM
I took a car service from Heathrow Airport to my mother's place last month. The driver knew every inch of the road and where every speed camera was located. It was amazing, even the stealth ones, no radar detector, no Waze; it was all in his head. I was half out of it but awake enough to realize he was periodically dropping from 85-90 to 70 for no obvious reason.
"Why are you doing that?"
"Speed camera here sir. Don't worry."
"Oh OK"

Experience is the best teacher.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 18, 2016, 02:21:03 PM
I took a car service from Heathrow Airport to my mother's place last month. The driver knew every inch of the road and where every speed camera was located. It was amazing, even the stealth ones, no radar detector, no Waze; it was all in his head. I was half out of it but awake enough to realize he was periodically dropping from 85-90 to 70 for no obvious reason.
"Why are you doing that?"
"Speed camera here sir. Don't worry."
"Oh OK"

I used to pride myself on doing stuff like that for the morning airport runs.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Just saw this. We got nailed coming south from Charleston right around the same time.  Fuckers. Luckily I was in the passenger seat.

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on December 20, 2016, 08:05:33 PM
Just saw this. We got nailed coming south from Charleston right around the same time.  Fuckers. Luckily I was in the passenger seat.

You're a fucking ticket magnet.  You only need to be in the car to attract the fuzz, even if you're not driving... :lol: :pullover:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Lebowski

Quote from: dazzleman on December 20, 2016, 08:48:25 PM

You're a fucking ticket magnet.  You only need to be in the car to attract the fuzz, even if you're not driving... :lol: :pullover:

I haven't had a ticket since I think 2014  :evildude:

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on December 21, 2016, 07:23:59 AM

I haven't had a ticket since I think 2014  :evildude:

You're overdue.  Plus you have a similar "transactional" view that I do and don't get your panties in a bunch when you get one.  Go for it.... :evildude:

SVT_Power

I haven't had one in years, with the last one being when I was headed to yours Dave. Been flying (and I mean flying on my bike :lol:) under the radar...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 27, 2016, 09:00:24 PM
I haven't had one in years, with the last one being when I was headed to yours Dave. Been flying (and I mean flying on my bike :lol:) under the radar...

It's been around the same amount of time for me.  I got my last ticket about a month after you got yours, IIRC.  With all the times I've driven to Boston, I'm very surprised I've never gotten tagged on that run.  I seem to fly below the radar most of the time.

SVT_Power

I think I've also developed that part of my brain that says "don't speed, your insurance is gonna get wrecked and then bye bye motorcycle" :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 28, 2016, 01:23:38 PM
I think I've also developed that part of my brain that says "don't speed, your insurance is gonna get wrecked and then bye bye motorcycle" :lol:

Logic should never be part of the decision of whether or.not.to.speed.... :evildude:

sparkplug

Getting stoned, one stone at a time.