No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Anyone want an 88 GMC? $1750 shipped.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 01, 2019, 03:42:25 PM
Anyone want an 88 GMC? $1750 shipped.

Sold.  But only if you include the Dakota's ruined dumper in the deal.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on February 01, 2019, 05:23:20 PM
Sold.  But only if you include the Dakota's ruined dumper in the deal.

Front or back bumper? You can have both if you want.

Eye of the Tiger

Oh, you said dumper, not bumper. Umm.. I just fixed it. It's not ruined.

Eye of the Tiger

Back on the topic of Dakota's dumper.

This is going in, and I won't be using any lube:

It's supposed to be for motorcycles, but 60 mm is the exact right size. If it kills too much power, I'll have to start drilling holes.

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota is a good daily.
I need 4x4 GMC for LAND.
I was going to sell Ranger. I keep debating that. Yeah, I'll sell it.
I should sell Fiesta, too. I don't need a new car.

mzziaz

Yeah. I've never undestood why you buy new cars. You are a clunker connosieur, and you might as well embrace it.
Cuore Sportivo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: mzziaz on February 07, 2019, 08:44:37 AM
Yeah. I've never undestood why you buy new cars. You are a clunker connosieur, and you might as well embrace it.

I like everything. Maybe I'll keep Fiesta. One of the last Ford cars. Good for the post apocalyptic future, after the fossil fuel wars.

Eye of the Tiger

I was actually dead set on no more car loans a few years ago. But Mighy Max cracked its head, and Summit spun a rod bearing, and I had just sold Accent to my cousin - all at the same time. I was driving 200+ miles/day making deliveries at the time, and had no place or time to do these major repairs. I had to go out real quick and get a loan on something - Element. And so it started again.

Eye of the Tiger

When two Mitsubishis simultaneously leave one stranded, The Two Car Minimum Rule™ must be examined.

And so it occurs to me that I should continue on my original course: Sell Fiesta, and maybe replace Ranger with a fuel efficient sedan with cruise control.

After over a decade of service, The Two Car Minimum Rule™ is hereby and forthwith amended to The Three Car Minimum Rule™.

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 07, 2019, 10:06:08 AM
When two Mitsubishis simultaneously leave one stranded, The Two Car Minimum Rule™ must be examined.

And so it occurs to me that I should continue on my original course: Sell Fiesta, and maybe replace Ranger with a fuel efficient sedan with cruise control.

After over a decade of service, The Two Car Minimum Rule™ is hereby and forthwith amended to The Three Car Minimum Rule™.

Is that per driver or per household? If it is per household then I'm in the black. If it is per driver then I need to get a couple of more cars.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on February 07, 2019, 11:07:45 AM
Is that per driver or per household? If it is per household then I'm in the black. If it is per driver then I need to get a couple of more cars.

It is per me.

CaminoRacer

Does a motorcycle count? If so I'm at 3.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

mzziaz

Yes. Three is an absolute minimum
Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 07, 2019, 10:06:08 AM

Through a series of poorly planned purchases, I ended up with five vehicles and no place to keep them.  My ex wife had one towed off the driveway of my former home without asking me.  The other four, I managed to keep close to me, for a while.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

GMC is back on the road. New passenger motor mount and a bracket that I had to bend and weld back together. It took all fricking day.

Eye of the Tiger

Let's say I sold the house real quick, got a camper trailer, and lived at some campground for $200-400/month.
The GMC is the only truck that can really tow, but I'd have to take the spool out of the rear end so I don't tear up the campground :lol:
The Dakota could tow a camper for a short distance, but no.
I'd probably have two parking spots, max. A two car maximum contradicts my three car minimum, but the max is the max.
0. Camper trailer < 5000#
1. GMC for towing
2. Dakota for everything else

Eye of the Tiger

I found a campground for $380/mo that includes electric city and Wi-Fi. Bingo. This will save me a 6.2 trillion dollars per month. I could be almost debt free ...?

Eye of the Tiger

I really like the looks of this 28' camper. The slide out really opens up the floor, which is important for doges.

https://www.carolinarv.com/product/used-2009-forest-river-rv-salem-le-28ddss-998805-29

Eye of the Tiger

Too bad, it's actually over 6000 pounds. GMC should not tow that much.

Soup DeVille

This is actually my camper. Except I have the bunkhouse model without the slideout.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 20, 2019, 08:29:28 PM
This is actually my camper. Except I have the bunkhouse model without the slideout.

And you tow it to with what, a Toyota?

BimmerM3

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 20, 2019, 07:49:27 PM
I really like the looks of this 28' camper. The slide out really opens up the floor, which is important for doges.

https://www.carolinarv.com/product/used-2009-forest-river-rv-salem-le-28ddss-998805-29

Is the bunk bed for dogs too? Otherwise, seems like wasted space for just you.

BimmerM3

Also why do even 2009 campers look like the interiors were designed 25 years ago?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 09:14:50 PM
Is the bunk bed for dogs too? Otherwise, seems like wasted space for just you.

I can put my bass guitars on the top bunk.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 09:15:44 PM
Also why do even 2009 campers look like the interiors were designed 25 years ago?

25 years ago was only 1994.

Eye of the Tiger

This one is a nice size. The queen bed turns into a sofa, and the lower bunk is a double. And it has a sweet wolf mural.

https://www.carolinarv.com/product/used-2012-forest-river-rv-cherokee-grey-wolf-22bh-988616-29

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 20, 2019, 09:01:59 PM
And you tow it to with what, a Toyota?

Yes. Its not a great tow vehicle, but it does the job.