Berliners call for SUV ban after fatal traffic accident

Started by cawimmer430, September 09, 2019, 03:53:51 AM

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 14, 2019, 03:03:17 PM
Or the father was exaggerating when he said "days" to emphasize his point that miLeNnIaLs aRe dUmB.
No doubt some are, but the majority are likely better informed than their parents.  Of course stuff like Pearl Harbour is ancient history to a lot of them.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on September 14, 2019, 11:50:19 AM
My brother was just telling me today about a friend of his who had an argument with his millennial daughter about the date of the Pearl Harbor attack.  She insisted that it took place in 1967 and that there was no need for her to look it up because she was sure she was right. And she kept after him about it for days.  They finally looked it up together and when she saw that she was wrong, she just shrugged it off and offered no apology for her aggressive behavior while being wrong.  That is what we have trained people to behave like  and it is ruining our society and the western world in general.  We live in an age when the ignorant are strongest in their opinions.

Wow. Just wow.  :mask:

Looks like such times are back. I mean there are people out there who insist that the world is flat!  :facepalm:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 14, 2019, 10:41:53 AM
There's a young girl, maybe 15-16 years old in my neighborhood, and I see her when she walks her dog. Maybe two months ago I got into a conversation with her about the dog. After awhile the topic turned to global warming. She really believes that by 2030 the world is gonna implode, explode... whatever, if we don't get rid of all CO2.

She protests at Friday's for Future in Munich.

Her father is an engineer at BMW.

If that was my kid, I'd disown it.

15 year old kids have always known everything, didn't you know that?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 15, 2019, 06:21:29 AM
15 year old kids have always known everything, didn't you know that?

The problem is that this is what these children are told by their teachers and by that annoying Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg, you know, that 16-year-old Swedish anti-CO2 activist who 'can see CO2 with her eyes' (according to her mother) and who is currently protesting in front of the White House.

The good news is that Americans aren't as stupid as the Germans. Here our children are running after Greta as if she is some kind of rock star. In America, you guys are like, "Who the fuck is this?" :lol:

And going back to the German education system, it's literally in the hands of the Green Party. Most teachers are pro-Green Party, so they are actually brainwashing these kids to hate cars and protest against them.

Like I keep saying: SHIT HOLE GERMANY.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 15, 2019, 11:31:39 AM
The problem is that this is what these children are told by their teachers and by that annoying Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg, you know, that 16-year-old Swedish anti-CO2 activist who 'can see CO2 with her eyes' (according to her mother) and who is currently protesting in front of the White House.

The good news is that Americans aren't as stupid as the Germans. Here our children are running after Greta as if she is some kind of rock star. In America, you guys are like, "Who the fuck is this?" :lol:

And going back to the German education system, it's literally in the hands of the Green Party. Most teachers are pro-Green Party, so they are actually brainwashing these kids to hate cars and protest against them.

Like I keep saying: SHIT HOLE GERMANY.
Someone has to lead the way.  Why not Germany. :lol:

As for Greta Thunberg, she may be 16, but she looks about 12.  As she is autistic, Aspergers apparently, it seemlngly gives her a single minded focus on whatever she applies herself to; climate change in her case.  I happened to be watching when she landed in NYC after crossing the Atlantic on a boat.  She was interviewed by a clutch of reporters and her responses were very direct and possessed a certain quality that presented itself as a lack of guile.  She obviously believes very strongly in her cause.  A brave little girl and, hopefully, she will not end up as a target of political animus.  She has already been cal "mentally unstable" by one of our right wing politicians.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 15, 2019, 04:34:01 PM
Someone has to lead the way.  Why not Germany. :lol:

Well we're doing it wrong. Here are some of the idiot moves of our incompetent government.

1) Shutting down all nuclear power plants for fear of "Tsunamis" wrecking havoc on them. Now there's a push to shut down all brown coal power plants because of CO2 hysteria. Brown coal is now our main energy supplier. Wind and solar power won't even provide 1/4th of our energy requirements. We have to buy electricity from France, Poland or the Czech Republic to prevent blackouts.

2) Merkel wanted one million electric cars on German roads by 2021/2022. As of January 2019 there are only 83,200 electric cars in all of Germany. To make matters worse, the charging infrastructure is completely lacking. Many car owners in the city have no garage and can't charge their potential EV cars "at home." The government wants to ban the sale of ICE cars by 2030.

3) Ownership costs of ICE cars is going to be artificially inflated through higher fuel prices, an even higher yearly car tax (which was increased in September 2018 already...), potential driving bans of gasoline/diesel cars in some cities or a ban from the city center (that would affect me for example).

4) Forcing people in the city to take public transportation or bicycles. I have no issue with taking my bike around the city which I do all the time, but when I have projects I need my car. It's that simple. I don't like using public transportation which is expensive, inefficient, unreliable and unsafe thanks to Merkels disastrous open border policy for primitive religiously-brainwashed peoples from Islamic nations (and with them in the country the crime rates and sexual assaults have gone up!). These "refugees" can use public transportation for free, Germans are paying for them through their taxes and yet have to pay for expensive and unreliable transportation themselves. What a farce! Public transport does not exist in the countryside, but our city-dwelling politicians don't care. The ICE car ban would theoretically also affect those in the countryside. Another farce!

5) The government wants to introduce a CO2 tax which would not only make fuel and heating oil more expensive, but everything else: food, rent, flying etc. They also want to make flying more expensive and potentially get rid of domestic flights. The reason people fly is because it is cheap, fast and reliable. Our overrated and now privatized rail system is extremely expensive, slow as fuck and unreliable and uncomfortable - and unsafe thanks to knife-wielding "refugees" (there have been several knife attacks and stabbings on German trains by these primitive peoples). The VAT on train tickets is 19%. The government wants to reduce it to 7% - another farce. It's not going to change the fact that train tickets will still be expensive and that the trains are slow, unreliable and unsafe.

6) These changes are going to make life for all Germans more expensive. We have a tax load of almost 50% here, and add to that the other taxes that we pay and we're literally almost at 70% tax load. And now we're supposed to pay more for "protecting the climate"? Germany's CO2 emissions globally are like 2.2% IIRC. China is at almost 30% and the US is at like 18%. Whatever we do will not change a thing globally. It's a waste of time, money and resources and we're only harming ourself. No country in the world is going to "follow our disastrous lead".

There's much more, but I am about to blow up based on my hatred for this crap government ruining our country. Gotta go for a walk and blow off steam...  :thumbsup:

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 15, 2019, 04:34:01 PMAs for Greta Thunberg, she may be 16, but she looks about 12.  As she is autistic, Aspergers apparently, it seemlngly gives her a single minded focus on whatever she applies herself to; climate change in her case.  I happened to be watching when she landed in NYC after crossing the Atlantic on a boat.  She was interviewed by a clutch of reporters and her responses were very direct and possessed a certain quality that presented itself as a lack of guile.  She obviously believes very strongly in her cause.  A brave little girl and, hopefully, she will not end up as a target of political animus.  She has already been cal "mentally unstable" by one of our right wing politicians.

The thing with Greta is that she is being misused by her family and several organizations which would profit from carbon taxes and CO2 emissions certificates. She's being pushed by a Swedish billionaire who makes money with CO2 emissions certificates by the way.

One of Greta's family members discovered climate change in the 19th century (IIRC) and the family has been making money with this topic ever since. It's like an oil sheikh telling you that oil is good and you must use and burn as much as possible of it in your car and don't forget to replenish your supply once your fuel tank is nearing empty.  ;)

Greta is a scam. I was suspicious of her from day one. I am sure she truly believes that CO2 is gonna screw up the world, but that's because she's brainwashed.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Put your energy and concerns into replacing your politicians with more common sense, for the people alternatives.

FoMoJo

This might be better in the political forum.

I will only say that the environmental/climate change/global warming issue has become ridiculous on both ends of the discussion. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on September 16, 2019, 08:09:05 AM
Put your energy and concerns into replacing your politicians with more common sense, for the people alternatives.

And this is why I vote. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 16, 2019, 09:48:53 AM
I will only say that the environmental/climate change/global warming issue has become ridiculous on both ends of the discussion. 

I do think we need to cut down on consumerism a bit, but what some politicians and groups are demanding is bordering on insanity or radical communism. A lot of Germans who grew up in the former East Germany are telling us that what is our politicians are planing reminds them of their former communist government.

www.wimmerfotografie.de