Zaino Time

Started by Catman, May 11, 2005, 05:53:11 PM

Catman

It's time to Zaino the Sequoia and the Maxima.  I just washed them today and both are covered with shit like tar, bugs and other dirt that won't come off.  I'm going to be tied up for hours with bug and tar remover, clay bars and Zaino till mid summer.  Of course by the time I'm done we'll have galleries here and I'll be able to show them off!  :praise:  

giant_mtb

Sweet?  :praise:

I was surprised when I used that tar/bug remover stuff for the first time, because it actually worked!

MaxPower

QuoteIt's time to Zaino the Sequoia and the Maxima.  I just washed them today and both are covered with shit like tar, bugs and other dirt that won't come off.  I'm going to be tied up for hours with bug and tar remover, clay bars and Zaino till mid summer.  Of course by the time I'm done we'll have galleries here and I'll be able to show them off!  :praise:
The Sequoia's a big vehicle!  I bet it will take you until summer! Good luck. B)  

Tom

This nice thing about Zaino is that it's layerable.  I've never used it myselft though.  A nice coat of carnuba does the trick:

Sorry the pics kind of suck.

VTEC_Inside

*shudder*

I remember the TWO occasions where I just had to wash my Grandpas '02 Odyssey. I don't even want to think about waxing something that size or larger.

I'd be investing in a Porter Cable random orbital buffer in about 2 seconds if I had to do something that size on regular basis.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

VTEC_Inside

QuoteThis nice thing about Zaino is that it's layerable.  I've never used it myselft though.  A nice coat of carnuba does the trick:

Sorry the pics kind of suck.
Lookin' good.

I used some Zymol cleaner wax on my '89 last summer, turned out shiney like that too.

I then quickly discovered that working on a cars finish can be every bit as complicated if not moreso than tinkering under the hood. There are quite a few options available.

Catman

The Sequioa not all that bad except the roof.  It's got alot of flat planes that are easy to work with.

VTEC_Inside

QuoteThe Sequioa not all that bad except the roof.  It's got alot of flat planes that are easy to work with.
Yeah, in that respect the Odyssey was similar. Having to keep moving the step stool around to clean the roof was a pain.