1 (9.1%)
Lincoln MKX
1 (9.1%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CJ on December 12, 2016, 02:57:00 PM
I may be one of the few people who absolutely abhors the Discovery. I hate it. I hate yours too.

I'm not kidding. Great that you like it, but I absolutely loathe it.

:rolleyes:

Is there any point in coming in to poo over others' purchases?
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CJ

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 12, 2016, 03:13:11 PM
You don't like the style, or something else?

It's the style. There is no design originality and the interior just doesn't feel worth the price of entry.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

I've been looking at the disco sport and f-pace... Seem like great SUVs... Hope you enjoy it!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on December 12, 2016, 07:16:39 PM
I've been looking at the disco sport and f-pace... Seem like great SUVs... Hope you enjoy it!
I still really like the F-Pace.  We looked at it very closely but the model and options we wanted were just a bit out of our range. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SJ_GTI

There is no accounting for taste of course (do not mean this insultingly). For me I have always dug the way Landrovers look. I think the vast majority of SUV's/CUV's on the market are interchangeable but LR's always seem to stand out in a crowd.

r0tor

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 12, 2016, 08:02:53 PM
I still really like the F-Pace.  We looked at it very closely but the model and options we wanted were just a bit out of our range. 

I really wish the disco sport was like a rugged F-Pace or a mini Disco and kept the V6 instead of being more related to the Evoque.

Did you get the advanced dynamics option with the magneride shocks and trick rear diff (same as focus RS)?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

I like the look of the LR4 and wish they would stick more with that boxy/utilitarian (and more roomy) design than going more the Evoque direction.

It's not a bad choice by any measure but not really to my taste either.  That is, of course, mostly a matter of subjective style and not meant as shitting on FoMoJo's pick.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on December 07, 2016, 12:52:36 PM
That is a great looking small SUV.  I think the powertrain/transmission could use some love in the future, but if you didn't want to wait forever for the Jag engine to get in there, it's a smart move now.  The lease deals on it were absolutely insane. 

Is the Disco Sport a small SUV? I thought the Evoque was supposed to be the small SUV
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on December 13, 2016, 11:11:03 AM
I like the look of the LR4 and wish they would stick more with that boxy/utilitarian (and more roomy) design than going more the Evoque direction.

It's not a bad choice by any measure but not really to my taste either.  That is, of course, mostly a matter of subjective style and not meant as shitting on FoMoJo's pick.

Isn't the LR4 being replaced by the boxier Discovery? Wouldn't this be replacing the crappy little Freelander?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 13, 2016, 03:39:39 PM
Is the Disco Sport a small SUV? I thought the Evoque was supposed to be the small SUV

The Evoque is more of a compact, style driven SUV. And it's a "Range Rover" sub model. The Discovery Sport is on the same platform, I believe, but it is bigger than the Evoque and is branded as a "Land Rover". The Discovery Sport is also available as a seven seater, which the Evoque is not. I guess the Discovery Sport is more of a midsize SUV? I'm not really familiar with SUV size classes.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Disco Sport is a compact.  Almost the exact same size as a Rav4.  It replaced the Freelander/LR2.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on December 13, 2016, 04:34:32 PM

Isn't the LR4 being replaced by the boxier Discovery? Wouldn't this be replacing the crappy little Freelander?

Yeah, this is not the LR4 replacement. I just hope the next LR4/Disco stays looking like a disco (are their pics yet?)

Seems to me it would make sense for the Discovery and Discovery Sport to have common design language, although IMO LR has really f-ed their branding in the last few years so wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't. 

BimmerM3

Quote from: Lebowski on December 13, 2016, 05:18:09 PM

Yeah, this is not the LR4 replacement. I just hope the next LR4/Disco stays looking like a disco (are their pics yet?)

Seems to me it would make sense for the Discovery and Discovery Sport to have common design language, although IMO LR has really f-ed their branding in the last few years so wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't. 

The new Discovery looks pretty similar to the Discovery Sport.

Disco Sport:

Disco:

Lebowski

Yeah, that's what I thought, I thought I'd recalled seeing pics but couldn't remember for sure.

It doesn't look bad, but doesn't look near as good as the LR4 or the older Discos IMO.  I wonder if it's smaller ... that boxy shape of the LR4 gave it a ton of interior space.

Based on just those two pics the Sport looks better than it's big brother, IMO.

Cookie Monster

The Sport looks kind of melted when looking at it back to back with the normal Disco.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on December 13, 2016, 04:49:28 PM
Disco Sport is a compact.  Almost the exact same size as a Rav4.  It replaced the Freelander/LR2.

They all seem huge to me. I'm trying.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on December 13, 2016, 08:53:04 AM
I really wish the disco sport was like a rugged F-Pace or a mini Disco and kept the V6 instead of being more related to the Evoque.

Did you get the advanced dynamics option with the magneride shocks and trick rear diff (same as focus RS)?
No, we didn't get that option.  I believe it's available with the Dynamic Lux model that takes it into a different price bracket.  We did get a Driver Tech package that does offer some dynamic assist features.

What attracted me to the F-Pace was mostly the power train; front facing V6 with 300+hp as well as lots of aluminium components in the platform.  However, the 2.0T engine in the Discovery Sport is more than adequate, especially coupled with the ZF 9 speed transmission.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

Lease was up on the Discovery Sport and we decided to buy it.

I thought we might return it a get something like an Edge, but after doing a short test drive in an Edge Titanium with similar features plus a foot swiping tailgate, it just didn't feel as comfortable as well as the material quality didn't feel as nice. 

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

veeman

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 29, 2020, 02:39:31 PM
Lease was up on the Discovery Sport and we decided to buy it.

I thought we might return it a get something like an Edge, but after doing a short test drive in an Edge Titanium with similar features plus a foot swiping tailgate, it just didn't feel as comfortable as well as the material quality didn't feel as nice. 

Congrats on your new car :lol:  It's a good looking SUV and, at least where I live, I hardly ever see any around so the exclusivity is a definite bonus too.  If I remember right, your's is red which is a good color for that car. 

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on May 30, 2020, 07:10:34 PM
Congrats on your new car :lol:  It's a good looking SUV and, at least where I live, I hardly ever see any around so the exclusivity is a definite bonus too.  If I remember right, your's is red which is a good color for that car. 
Thanks.  Oddly, it has been trouble free so far, 3 1/2 years, which defies the reputation of Land Rovers.  Yes, it's red with a lot of black trim as well as the roof.  What I really like are the chrome black wheels.  Really sets it off nice.  I just got too comfortable with it.

veeman

Yeah after your recent post I googled the car (I didn't remember what it looked like) and it is a very good looking ride, especially in dark red with black wheels.