CR-V engine problems

Started by Payman, October 05, 2018, 12:37:56 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Morris Minor on November 27, 2020, 10:55:46 AM
I've paid off the remainder of the loan on the CR-V. First step to getting rid of it.

woot woot!   

I never cared for the "title in hand", it just didn't mean much to me. But man it was a HASSLE to buy our current Odyssey as the guy had to pay the bank off, we had to get our payment to them to release the lien, etc... etc...

It was an Army guy who could get in trouble if I contact their commander, so I wasn't worried. But we drove it several weeks with his plates and registration while waiting for paperwork. :mask:
Will

CALL_911

Get an RX and call it a day, Morris

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Morris Minor

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 29, 2020, 10:13:05 AM
Get an RX and call it a day, Morris
I dunno - It's a serious possibility. It would keep Mrs Minor happy, she drives the CR-V most of the time anyway.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

r0tor

Stelvio.... Happy wife, happy life
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Well - I got an auto loan approved. Just need to clean up the CR-V (it's in pristine shape) and venture out into the shark-infested waters of the Dealer Ocean.
We're thinking Mazda or Lexus.

CaminoRacer

I really like my Miata's interior and infotainment screen with the big knob instead of touchscreen. CX-5 looks somewhat similar.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 04, 2020, 02:10:24 PM
I really like my Miata's interior and infotainment screen with the big knob instead of touchscreen. CX-5 looks somewhat similar.

Yeah, Mazda's taken a iconoclastic "fuck touchscreens, they're awful for safety" tack and I LIKE it.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 04, 2020, 03:38:54 PM
I like my touchscreen. :huh:

They still have touchscreens, but they're built around using a center console jog wheel.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on December 04, 2020, 03:50:52 PM
They still have touchscreens, but they're built around using a center console jog wheel.
How does that work when you want to enter an address into the GPS?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Laconian

Voice recognition, doodle on a little touchpad (Audi), click around an onscreen keyboard.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on December 04, 2020, 04:00:30 PM
Voice recognition, doodle on a little touchpad (Audi), click around an onscreen keyboard.
Still seems easier, and less distracting, just to use a touchscreen.

Laconian

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 04, 2020, 04:25:15 PM
Still seems easier, and less distracting, just to use a touchscreen.

Touchscreens are a huge safety hazard if your car's in motion. The concentration and fine motor control required to press non-haptic buttons while moving is too much for most drivers to handle.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1121372_why-mazda-is-purging-touchscreens-from-its-vehicles

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on December 04, 2020, 04:43:14 PM
Touchscreens are a huge safety hazard if your car's in motion. The concentration and fine motor control required to press non-haptic buttons while moving is too much for most drivers to handle.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1121372_why-mazda-is-purging-touchscreens-from-its-vehicles

Yes. Thank you, Mazda.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SJ_GTI

I very much preferred the non touch screen in my Audi vs the touchscreen in my VW.

CaminoRacer

It's easier to hold onto the rotary knob than be precise with a touch screen while driving on bumpy roads
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 04, 2020, 07:22:16 PM
It's easier to hold onto the rotary knob than be precise with a touch screen while driving on bumpy roads

Yeah. And over time I built a habit of knowing exactly how many detents to turn the wheel, or where to push the joystick. With a touch screen I'm just a n00b every time. Mashy mashy.

Morris Minor

From armchair research, the AWD CX-9 is attractive: good looks, bit of elbow room, not too massive, reliable. And it's fun... handles well - important on the roads round here.

Wife on the Lexus RX, "That's really ugly."

r0tor

Alfa uses the knob for infotainment... Wouldn't want it any other way
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 05, 2020, 05:45:52 AM
From armchair research, the AWD CX-9 is attractive: good looks, bit of elbow room, not too massive, reliable. And it's fun... handles well - important on the roads round here.

What does she think of the CX-9?

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on December 05, 2020, 07:06:42 AM
Alfa uses the knob for infotainment... Wouldn't want it any other way
Discovery uses a knob to switch gears.  Wouldn't want to get them confused.

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 05, 2020, 05:45:52 AM

What about a Volvo? Those seats, man.

Morris Minor

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 05, 2020, 09:13:32 AM
What does she think of the CX-9?
Oh yes - It's a good-looking vehicle.
We'll go out next week and start looking.

i see some rumors on the Interwebs that Mazda is going to switch to the goodness of a sharp-handling RWD platform. The idea is to step into the niche that BMW abandoned when they went softer and floatier.

This make sense to me - sprinkle a bit of the MX-5's magic dust onto the rest of the lineup.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 05, 2020, 02:47:37 PM

i see some rumors on the Interwebs that Mazda is going to switch to the goodness of a sharp-handling RWD platform. The idea is to step into the niche that BMW abandoned when they went softer and floatier.

This make sense to me - sprinkle a bit of the MX-5's magic dust onto the rest of the lineup.

The Explorer just switched back to RWD, but I don't know anything about good handling. I think there is an ST version.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on December 04, 2020, 04:43:14 PM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 04, 2020, 04:54:34 PM
Yes. Thank you, Mazda.

+23597235
Will

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 05, 2020, 02:47:37 PM

Inline sixes too, if you can believe it.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on December 05, 2020, 06:00:30 PM
Inline sixes too, if you can believe it.
It would be good to see Mazda make something in the mold of the Austin Healey 3000, as they make the MX-5 in the spirit of the Lotus Elan.
An attainable roadster - 275-300 HP - bit of a bruiser but not too flamboyant

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 06, 2020, 03:15:14 PM
It would be good to see Mazda make something in the mold of the Austin Healey 3000, as they make the MX-5 in the spirit of the Lotus Elan.
An attainable roadster - 275-300 HP - bit of a bruiser but not too flamboyant

I'm starting to lose some hair in the back of my head, so... fixed roofs are fine, thanks :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on December 06, 2020, 03:16:54 PM
I'm starting to lose some hair in the back of my head, so... fixed roofs are fine, thanks :lol:
I took a trip one Summer, '75 i think, from TO to Rhode Island, top down all the way in my Spider, 70 plus on the thruway, wind blowing through my hair.  I swear by the time I got back that my hairline had receded by at least a half an inch.