Started by TheIntrepid, November 08, 2007, 07:42:21 PM

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Payman

Quote from: mzziaz on August 24, 2018, 08:06:30 AM
Sweet - too bad it's 30k.

Priced about right. Very clean and desirable set-up. I've seen much worse asking much higher.

AutobahnSHO

weird. Triumph convertible. Looks like it would be fun but I can't imagine trying to maintain such a unicorn!!

https://watertown.craigslist.org/cto/d/1980-wedge-tr7/6672454101.html

Will

Payman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 24, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
weird. Triumph convertible. Looks like it would be fun but I can't imagine trying to maintain such a unicorn!!

Not one of Triumph's more desirable roadsters, but this one is pretty clean with low miles. Good deal if you don't mind sourcing parts on the net and doing routine maintenance. I'd hit it.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

93JC

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 24, 2018, 08:24:25 AM

Ha, one of my uncles has one. Well, two technically, one's a donor though. :lol:

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on August 24, 2018, 09:01:57 AM
Ha, one of my uncles has one. Well, two technically, one's a donor though. :lol:

Friend in high school had a coupe version that he paid a few hundred for. Rusty shitbox with constant electrical issues. He acted like he had a Ferrari though.  :lol:

93JC

Yeah, my uncle's first car (he bought with his own money) was a '75 hardtop ("fixed-head coupé"). He bought a '79 "drophead coupé" a few years ago with the intent of restoring it. Last time I saw it he'd had the body shell sent out for some minor rust repairs, and still needed to be repainted. He'd sent the engine (the design of which formed the basis of Saab's four-stroke four-cylinders, believe it or not) off to a shop for a rebuild.

Laconian

Do you pronounce "coupe" with the acute accent too? :facepalm: :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on August 25, 2018, 11:46:18 PM
Do you pronounce "coupe" with the acute accent too? :facepalm: :lol:
I do, but only when mentioning, or thinking of, the Studebaker Starlight Coupé.  It just doesn't sound right saying Studebaker Starlight Coop.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

mzziaz

Love them, although I've never driven one and they probably are supremely shitty.
Cuore Sportivo

Payman

Quote from: mzziaz on September 02, 2018, 03:34:43 AM
Love them, although I've never driven one and they probably are supremely shitty.

They have a cult following, but the Niva was a supremely shitty vehicle that drove terribly, rusted before your eyes, and barely lasted beyond the loan term.

93JC

Eh, the Niva seemed a lot better built than the Lada cars (the classic 'Zhiguli', the front-drive Samara, etc.).

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rockraven on September 02, 2018, 08:58:29 AM
They have a cult following, but the Niva was a supremely shitty vehicle that drove terribly, rusted before your eyes, and barely lasted beyond the loan term.

And the Yugo was likely better built than the Zastava.

Neither is saying much.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Who remembers Omi?

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/fleetwood/2169546.html

He would have loved this: was especially obsessed with the Talisman trim. Most were black velour, but this one is a dark blue.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Speed_Racer

I have a soft spot in my heart for gigantic old Cadillacs

CaminoRacer

This is way cooler, and cheaper, than buying a new model.

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Good God!  The entire concept is obscene.

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 31, 2018, 07:42:30 AM
Do it.

Really tempted. A 4WD Manual Civic Wagovan? Its like a unicorn of shitty little '80s cars.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 31, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Really tempted. A 4WD Manual Civic Wagovan? Its like a unicorn of shitty little '80s cars.
Looks like an ideal vehicle for a family of dwarfs.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 31, 2018, 01:28:05 PM
Looks like an ideal vehicle for a family of dwarfs.

Bleh.

Perfect vehicle to put knobby tires on and run the Gambler 500.

Perfect vehicle to rebuild with CRX performance parts (same underpinnings for the most part) and a D or B series engine.

Pefect vehicle to restore to factory condition

Perfect vehicle to buy, get reamed out by the wife for buying it, letting sit in the driveway for a year and reselling at loss.