Best All Time Vehicle Names

Started by Payman, November 12, 2017, 08:08:47 AM

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Payman

Quote from: veeman on November 15, 2017, 06:31:27 AM
Continental - What better car name is there to take a coast to coast driving trip than a Lincoln Continental?

Porsche Panamera?

Soup DeVille

Alfa Romeo Disco Volante
AMG Hammer
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Sunbeam Rapier
Sunbeam Stiletto

The Rootes Group had some of the best vehicle names, imo...

Hillman Super Minx
Humber Sceptre
Hillman Hunter

Trust Chrysler to step in and bugger everything up.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

shp4man

veeman

Quote from: Rockraven on November 19, 2017, 09:58:27 AM
Porsche Panamera?
Quote from: mzziaz on November 19, 2017, 11:12:27 AM
Trans Am is even better

When the last name starts with the same letter as the first name, it's usually lame. Like many Ford names.  (Ford Focus, Fiesta, Fusion, etc).  All lame.   Trans Am is a great name. 

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on November 20, 2017, 07:32:07 AM
When the last name starts with the same letter as the first name, it's usually lame. Like many Ford names.  (Ford Focus, Fiesta, Fusion, etc).  All lame.   Trans Am is a great name. 
It was a racing series.  Pontiac had a habit of naming their models after racing series/events; Le Mans, Bonneville, Trans Am, Grand Prix, though barely representative in any of the series and not successfully.

I do like Pontiac, but that always sort of bugged me.  Better if they had named a Camaro model Trans Am.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

veeman

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 20, 2017, 07:41:53 AM
It was a racing series.  Pontiac had a habit of naming their models after racing series/events; Le Mans, Bonneville, Trans Am, Grand Prix, though barely representative in any of the series and not successfully.

I do like Pontiac, but that always sort of bugged me.  Better if they had named a Camaro model Trans Am.

Never knew that.  I always liked Pontiac names but, yeah, why make those the car names if you're not even really competing in those races. 

Payman

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 20, 2017, 07:41:53 AM

Chevy Monza

FoMoJo

Soup DeVille

GM was always somewhat anti-racing, and the main sponsor of both AMA bans. It never stopped them from putting little checkered flags on the vette either.

Payman

Quote from: veeman on November 20, 2017, 07:32:07 AM
When the last name starts with the same letter as the first name, it’s usually lame. Like many Ford names.  (Ford Focus, Fiesta, Fusion, etc).  All lame.   Trans Am is a great name. 

They tried to be cute. Cars started with F, SUVs and vans started with E. Yeah, I know... Mustang, Taurus, Windstar, Aerostar, ... nevermind.

Laconian

It was an idiotic idea, applied haphazardly across their lineup. Ford Focus, Freestyle, Flex, Fusion, Five Hundred... Fustang? Frown Victoria?

Marketers can be such morons.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

Never noticed the consistency of letters on Fords.  Or at least never made note of it.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 20, 2017, 01:55:24 PM
Never noticed the consistency of letters on Fords.  Or at least never made note of it.

Explorer, Expedition, Excursion, Edge, Escape, Econoline?

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on November 20, 2017, 02:21:59 PM
Still, they were pretty good names.  Love the idea of Escape.

Soup DeVille

They also bought the rights to Everest, Equator, and Epoch.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 20, 2017, 04:52:08 PM
They also bought the rights to Everest, Equator, and Epoch.
Everest?  That would be some SUV.

Payman

Suzuki has Equator. It was actually sold up here.

giant_mtb

Yeah, I mean...it's obvious.  I just never put two and two together. :lol:

2o6

FoMoJo

Quote from: 2o6 on November 20, 2017, 11:06:01 PM
Pontiac Parisienne
'63 lived up to the name.  Best tail lights ever.

veeman

Quote from: 2o6 on November 20, 2017, 11:06:01 PM
Pontiac Parisienne

Chrysler New Yorker. 

I once rode in the backseat of the next to last generation model.  I remember thinking dang these are plush velour seats. 

FoMoJo