E39 BMW 530d Pickup Truck Conversion

Started by cawimmer430, March 30, 2020, 06:50:57 AM

cawimmer430

Every Carspinner's wet dream. Sadly it's not brown and has an automatic transmission.  :lol:

E39 BMW 530d Pickup Truck Conversion

While many consider the BMW E39 to be the quintessential 5-Series, others seem to be less impressed with its design and more interested in converting it into something utilitarian.

Remember this E39 M5 Ute conversion? Well, probably not, it was completed a long time ago. So here's another 5er for you to judge, one difference being that this E39 resides in Russia and is currently on sale for 2,500,000 Rubles (approximately $32,000).

According to the ad, it took nearly 4 years to turn this 5-Series from a regular family car into a pickup. Over time, it received a new suspension, new exhaust, plus various other mods, including better noise insulation.

Aside from the new appearance, the car also sits on 18-inch alloy wheels, and comes with Bi-Xenon headlights, heated washer nozzles, Daytime Running Lights and fog lights. Oh and it appears to be missing its BMW badge on the hood. Just thought we'd mention that.

On-board features meanwhile include the leather seats, leather multi-function steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, power mirrors, power steering, trip computer and power windows for the remaining two doors.

As for the engine, it's a 2.9-liter straight-six turbo diesel unit, which when new, produced 181 HP (184 PS) and 288 lb-ft (390 Nm) in pre-facelift E39 530d models. The power is sent to the rear wheels exclusively, with the aid of a 5-speed automatic gearbox.

The ad specifies that the car has only done 5,000 km (3,100 miles), which we find hard to believe, unless we're only talking post-conversion mileage.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/03/yes-this-is-an-e39-bmw-530d-pickup-truck-conversion/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

Only in Australia would this be appreciated.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

shp4man

I'd drive it. It's a Kraut El Camino....... :lol: :muffin:

Sorry, Wimmer. It's all those WWII vehicles you're building I guess.  :huh:

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on March 30, 2020, 04:57:45 PM
I'd drive it. It's a Kraut El Camino....... :lol: :muffin:

Sorry, Wimmer. It's all those WWII vehicles you're building I guess.  :huh:

No offense taken! :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie