Lexus LM Breaks Cover As Ultra Luxurious Minivan For China, Other Asian Markets

Started by cawimmer430, April 16, 2019, 04:36:21 AM

cawimmer430

Lexus LM Breaks Cover As Ultra Luxurious Minivan For China, Other Asian Markets

The first ever Lexus minivan has arrived and it's quite a special vehicle.

Celebrating its world debut at the Shanghai Auto Show, the Lexus LM is a flagship luxury MPV developed specifically for the Chinese market. However, it will go on sale on other Asian markets too — unfortunately, Lexus didn't announce plans to offer it outside the world's most populous continent.

Lexus says the new LM integrates oriental car philosophy, combining unique craftsmanship with hospitality and comfortable driving experience. While it looks quite attractive on the outside (despite sporting the biggest spindle-grille we've seen so far), the Lexus LM is all about the interior.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/lexus-lm-breaks-cover-as-ultra-luxurious-minivan-for-china-other-asian-markets/

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

RomanChariot

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 16, 2019, 04:36:21 AM
Lexus says the new LM integrates oriental car philosophy, combining unique craftsmanship with hospitality and comfortable driving experience. While it looks quite attractive on the outside (despite sporting the biggest spindle-grille we've seen so far), the Lexus LM is all about the interior.

:confused: :nutty: :nono:

Burn it! Burn it with fire.

I wouldn't mind riding on the inside but they would have to blindfold me to get me into it.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

'Oriental car philosophy?' :confused:  It looks like a compilation of a Jaguar XK 120 bottom stuck together with the top of a Pontiac Trans Sport and the front end of a steam locomotive.

It looks like Oriental car philosophy consists of cadging odd bits of other designs and sticking them together to make an eyesore.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

The exterior is overdone and lacks any elegance.

But the interior is very nice,  especially the passenger compartment. The cockpit is also the first modern Lexus interior which looks pretty balanced from a design POV.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

If I were an executive getting chauffeured I'd be all over that. IDGAF about how it looks

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Payman

Yeah, it certainly looks better and more comfortable than a stupid limousine, and would get around the city much quicker and easier. Plus, you wouldn't have to look at people block after block giving you the finger.

thewizard16

...What is this hideous creature with the heart of a plush leather living room?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

veeman

It looks like the Lexus version of the Toyota Alphard which has been on sale in Japan and a few other countries for a while.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Alphard

The Royal Lounge Alphard (which seats only two passengers in the back, just like the model shown in the OP, costs 15 million yen which is $134,025 dollars.

The massive grill actually looks pretty good for having a refrigerator body. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rockraven on April 16, 2019, 12:23:38 PM
Yeah, it certainly looks better and more comfortable than a stupid limousine, and would get around the city much quicker and easier. Plus, you wouldn't have to look at people block after block giving you the finger.

Dieter Zetsche used to tool around in a Chrysler Town & Country kitted out very much like that on the interior. I always thought it was a pretty slick solution, because nobody ever expects the minivan.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Best back seat, ever. Who cares about the rest? I wish the exterior looked more like a 1993 Caravan.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Xer0

Besides being hideous from the outside, 300H in Lexus speak is a 210hp hybrid.  This thing looks HEAVY, and 210ish HP will probably feel beyond lethargic in it.  Although from the backseat I bet they don't care too much  :hmm:

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

Quote from: Xer0 on April 20, 2019, 03:29:26 PM
Besides being hideous from the outside, 300H in Lexus speak is a 210hp hybrid.  This thing looks HEAVY, and 210ish HP will probably feel beyond lethargic in it.  Although from the backseat I bet they don't care too much  :hmm:

It's built to slog through stop and go on the Beijing ring roads.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 20, 2019, 11:30:36 AM
Dieter Zetsche used to tool around in a Chrysler Town & Country kitted out very much like that on the interior. I always thought it was a pretty slick solution, because nobody ever expects the minivan.

Interesting, I didn't know that. You'd think he'd insist on using the V-Class, which was around at the time and could be had with a Volkswagen VR6 motor in V280 guise. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 21, 2019, 08:48:07 AM

Interesting, I didn't know that. You'd think he'd insist on using the V-Class, which was around at the time and could be had with a Volkswagen VR6 motor in V280 guise. :lol:

I think he felt it was important to appear to endorse a Chrysler nameplate.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 21, 2019, 10:09:46 AM
I think he felt it was important to appear to endorse a Chrysler nameplate.

Definitely. A good move, actually.

www.wimmerfotografie.de