The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

SVT666

I propose that this thread be the official Mustang Thread so that everything Mustang is in one thread and the whiners on this site won't complain about 7 of the top 20 threads being Mustang related.? I'll go first:

Spring Brings Out Mustang Buyers

Mustang sales for the month of May totalled 17,478 units. During May of 2006, a total of 15,559 Mustangs were delivered to new owners.
The period over period increase of 12.3% reverses a trend that had started to become a concern for the nameplate. The incremental 1900+ cars were not enough to change the year-to-date picture, though.

Mustang deliveries so far this year amount to 64,560 units, compared to 72,119 cars for the same period last year. The comparative shortfall amounts to a 10.5% decline.

Crossover vehicles helped the company post a solid retail result in May. While retail sales were 3 percent lower than a year ago, May was the best retail performance for any month this year.

The company's total sales (including sales to fleet customers) were 259,470, down 7 percent. The larger decline in total sales reflected a planned reduction in sales to daily rental companies.

Production plans announced for the third quarter amounted to a 'hold steady' position, with forecast vehicle production off by only two thousand units compared to the same period last year.

It sounds like Ford is starting to turn things around...hopefully.

850CSi

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ArchBishop

omicron

I am going to buy a 1965 Mustang hardtop in ten seconds.

omicron

TheIntrepid

Poor you, Omi. I want one too.

What Hemi did was make 8 out of the top 20 threads Mustang-related, instead of 7. The other threads will continue to be bumped because the Mustang discussion on this site between people like Hemi, Nethead, 93JC, and a few others is actually pretty heated and provoke interesting debate. I have no problem with a lot of Mustang debate. It's a very good car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

omicron

As long as the Mustang exists, so too does the affordable RWD V8 coupe. Long may it reign.

omicron

Which, in turn, encourages RWD V8 competition.

Raza

Yes, I'd like a 2003/4 Mineral Gray Mustang Cobra coupe, please.  That's to go.  No pickles.

Ah, yes.  Quite.

Damn, I think that's an 01/02.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on June 05, 2007, 03:01:10 PM
Yes, I'd like a 2003/4 Mineral Gray Mustang Cobra coupe, please.  That's to go.  No pickles.

Ah, yes.  Quite.

sorry sir, we don't carry those anymore. Would you be interested in a brand new 2007 mustang GT?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

I'll take the supervalue meal #4, that's a 1984 Camaro 2.8L, with a few extra quarts of oil and a faux sheepskin seatcover. No, I don't want fries with that.

:praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: NACar on June 05, 2007, 03:06:48 PM
I'll take the supervalue meal #4, that's a 1984 Camaro 2.8L, with a few extra quarts of oil and a faux sheepskin seatcover. No, I don't want fries with that.

:praise:

That's not a meal, friend.  It's barely dessert.

:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

I hate to be negative... but when I see the Mustang, I feel like Ford just sat down and said

"Hey, we need a sporty coupe. And it's gotta be cheap. OK... big heavy truck motor... check. What kind of suspension do we want? Live axles all around...cool... argh, won't fit in front... go with struts, but DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY on analyzing the geometry... alright... we'll leave the rest up to marketing. And make sure it's cheap so if it flops we won't lose any money..."

Lo and behold... it was a hit. Cheap, crude and fast like a well weathered prostitute. Blergch

I did like the SVO Fox body though...

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 05, 2007, 03:30:25 PM

SVO! 

That's all I read.  The rest of your post does not exist.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 05, 2007, 03:30:25 PM
I hate to be negative... but when I see the Mustang, I feel like Ford just sat down and said

"Hey, we need a sporty coupe. And it's gotta be cheap. OK... big heavy truck motor... check. What kind of suspension do we want? Live axles all around...cool... argh, won't fit in front... go with struts, but DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY on analyzing the geometry... alright... we'll leave the rest up to marketing. And make sure it's cheap so if it flops we won't lose any money..."

Lo and behold... it was a hit. Cheap, crude and fast like a well weathered prostitute. Blergch

Big heavy truck motor?  I guess that would be why the current GT has an aluminum block.....

Any why exactly does the SVO spark your interest and not any of the others?  Because it had a turbocharged 2.3L and not a V8? 
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 05, 2007, 03:01:10 PM

Ah, yes.  Quite.

Damn, I think that's an 01/02.
You sure you don't want a 2001 cobra?  Because that is what you posted  :nono:.

This is probably what you were thinking of:

Raza

I know that's an 01/02.  Read the post again!

I just want that color.

Then again, if you're giving them away, I'll take the 01/02.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

the body looks identical except for the lower front
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: M_power on June 05, 2007, 05:13:18 PM
the body looks identical except for the lower front

The hood and spoiler are different as well.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

anything different mechanically?

Raza

Quote from: M_power on June 05, 2007, 05:16:48 PM
anything different mechanically?

03/04 had a supercharger and a six speed, whereas the 01/02 was naturally aspirated (and not nearly as powerful) and I believe it had a 5 speed.  390bhp vs. 320bhp.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine rated at 390 hp (291 kW) and 390 ft?lbf (529 N?m) of torque.

The only major addition to the 2004 model was the optional Mystichrome paint scheme and two other new colors, Screaming Yellow and Competition Orange. There was also some minor exhaust work done on the catalytic converters which helped remove the Gas Guzzler tax from the 2004 model versus the 2003 model.

nothing about changing to a NA engine

SVT_Power

or maybe that was just the 03/04 cobras

Raza

Quote from: M_power on June 05, 2007, 05:21:06 PM
or maybe that was just the 03/04 cobras

I think you misread my post.  01 and 02 Cobras has a 320bhp NA V8 engine.  03/04 had a 390bhp supercharged V8. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 05, 2007, 05:09:03 PM
I know that's an 01/02.  Read the post again!
Sorry, I didn't notice the size 2 type message on the bottom.  Maybe try putting it in normal size font next time  :ohyeah:.

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on June 05, 2007, 05:24:31 PM
Sorry, I didn't the size 2 type message on the bottom.  Maybe try putting it in normal size font next time  :ohyeah:.

I was hesitantly admitting it only to those who would notice. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 05, 2007, 05:27:55 PM
I was hesitantly admitting it only to those who would notice. 
Ill have to make sure to put on my glasses next time.  I thought it was part of your sig....

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg470676#msg470676 date=1181085854
I think you misread my post.? 01 and 02 Cobras has a 320bhp NA V8 engine.? 03/04 had a 390bhp supercharged V8.?
With cams and a dyno tune the 01 Cobra will hit 400 hp.  With long tubes and exhaust, intake, MAF, throttle body and plenum, CAI, cams, and dyno tune 450 hp is not out of the question.  Or you could just supercharge it for 500 hp.