Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

SVT666

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 07, 2007, 08:29:20 PM
I like the Prowler.

Me too.  I just wish it had some mechanicals to back up those looks.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on June 07, 2007, 08:46:50 PM

Agreed. It was a STYLISH car.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 07, 2007, 08:46:50 PM

It's as fast as the street rods it's patterned after, most of which have crate 350s with automatics. I remember a road test when it came out against a coupe of street rods, one a classic from the '50s and one a modern one, and it beat both of them handily in every measured test.

The V6 doesn't have the right rumble, however.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Hunting Vipers and `Vettes

Executives with Shelby Automobiles have announced that the company will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 into fire breathing Super Snake・coupes for only US $27,995.00.
Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

"The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car," said Carroll Shelby. "Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I'm going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine."

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.
A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.

"I'm excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet," added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles.

"They'll be the first to see this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake's power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package."

Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact John Walker at the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.

footoflead

Quote from: Raghavan on June 05, 2007, 12:36:36 AM
Fixed
As omin said "As long as the Mustang exists, so too does the affordable RWD V8 coupe. Long may it reign."

How can you go against a RWD V8 Coupe..... :nono:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on June 08, 2007, 06:50:59 AM
It's as fast as the street rods it's patterned after, most of which have crate 350s with automatics. I remember a road test when it came out against a coupe of street rods, one a classic from the '50s and one a modern one, and it beat both of them handily in every measured test.

The V6 doesn't have the right rumble, however.

That's certainly interesting, but if you think about it, the Prowler came out 50 years after, so it would be embarassing if it didn't!

It was pretty quick; low 7s, as I recall.  Very pretty, but I just love having a stick too much to give it up for a four speed automatic.  I'm sure with an optional stickshift it would be quicker and more economical.  That said, I think it handled pretty well, but I can't quite recall (or find) anything specific about its handling characteristics. 

It sure was pretty though. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

2008 Shelby GT Mustang Announced

Staff Report / Shelby Automobiles

Any color you want as long as it's Vista Blue

06-08-07: The collaboration between Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Company will continue in earnest with the 2008 model year. Last summer, Mustang enthusiasts were thrilled when it was announced that Shelby would be offering a hotted up version of the standard Mustang GT. The lure of course was the theory that it would be less expensive than the GT-500 while offering a ?real? Shelby built by the man himself. While the cars have ended up getting a dealer mark-up treatment every bit as disgraceful as the GT-500?s they still remain more affordable in a relative sense.

For 2008, Shelby has announced to dealers that key changes in the colors and availability for the Shelby Gt will be coming. The previous black and white colors with silver graphics will give way to a single scheme of Vista Blue with silver LeMans stripes.

Further, production will be brought down to only 2100 units. Of note, this lower production will now include a convertible model which will surely be welcome. Unfortunately for performance purists, the percentage of production for the convertible is said by some sources to be at minimum 70% and possibly higher. This means that getting a coupe for the autocross hobbyist will be more of a challenge.

Production for the new Vista Blue Shelby GT?s will begin in September with dealerships taking delivery shortly thereafter. Automatic transmissions will be again available in up to 25% of production. Features and specifications for the 2008 Shelby GT Mustang will be identical to that of the 2007 models. The car will continue to use the Ford Racing Power Pack to increase the output of the naturally aspirated, three-valve, 4.6-liter V-8 to 319 horsepower, and about 330 pound-feet of torque.

The Power Pack includes a 90 millimeter cold-air intake and a new performance engine calibration for improved response. The high-flow exhaust system with X-pipe crossover offers better power delivery and a throaty V-8 exhaust note. A shorter rear-axle ratio is installed to capitalize on the Shelby GT coupe?s extra power, especially accelerating off the line. For Shelby GT models equipped with a manual transmission, a Hurst short-throw shifter is installed for more precise shift action.

The Shelby GT driving dynamics are fine tuned with the Ford Racing Handling Pack, which was developed by the same engineers that developed the Ford Racing FR500C, which won the 2005 Grand-Am Cup Championship. New coil springs drop the overall ride height by an inch-and-a-half for a more aggressive stance and reduced body roll. Stiffer dampers and front swaybar further enhance cornering feel and body control. To showcase the key performance modifications, Ford Racing painted all the key suspension components, including the damper, spring, and swaybar Ford Racing Blue.

A front strut-tower brace adds additional strength to the chassis structure, and P235/55ZR18 high-performance tires maximize the benefits of the chassis upgrades. ?The Shelby GT is great fun on the track,? continues Shelby. ?It?s got the heart and soul of the Mustang GT pumped up with a strong motor, nimble chassis and great sound. It?s one of those rare cars that?s easy to drive really fast.?

The powerful face of the Shelby GT features a unique front fascia, with a more aggressive lower air dam. The brushed-aluminum grille is accented by an offset Mustang logo. In addition, the Shelby GT has a new hood scoop that comes directly from the famed Shelby Cobra roadster.

The side profile features chrome-finished 18-inch wheels and unique side scoops just before the rear wheel arches. The rear fascia frames the larger dual exhaust tips, and is topped by Shelby badging on the trunk lid.

Inside, features include ?Shelby GT? logo floor mats and custom sill plates with Shelby GT nomenclature. In addition, the Shelby GT features an authentication plate on the center dashboard, as well as matching tag underhood. This tag features the CSX number, which is recorded in the Shelby Automobiles registry.

I would love this colour scheme on a regular Mustang GT or on the Shelby GT coupe.

SVT666

Shelby Automobiles

Official package pricing and specifications announced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-07-07: Executives with Shelby Automobiles have announced that the company
will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500?s into fire breathing ?Super Snake? coupes for only US$27,995.00. Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

?The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,? said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. ?Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I?m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine?

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.

A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.?I?m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,? added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. ?They?ll be the first to see
this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake?s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.?

The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

? Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available
? 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
? Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option
? Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle
? Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
? Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps
? Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around
? Front and rear brake cooling ducts
? Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels
? Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops
? Super Snake exclusive striping
? ?Shelby? lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges
? Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure
? Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components
? Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact John Walker at the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.
About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current
Mustang. For more information about Shelby Automobiles, visit www.shelbyautos.com.

JYODER240

If it's supposed to be a track car why did they give it 20" chrome wheels?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 14, 2007, 09:31:52 AM
If it's supposed to be a track car why did they give it 20" chrome wheels?
I don't think it's supposed to be a track car, I think it's supposed to be a street car that can be taken to the track and not feel out of place.  I might need my eyes checked, but they look polished to me.  It's definitely not chrome.

Raghavan

Did they take any weight out of it?

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on June 14, 2007, 10:43:49 AM
Did they take any weight out of it?
No.  Customers take their cars to get modified.

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on June 14, 2007, 12:11:47 PM
I hope that functional scoop kit becomes an over-the-counter package for all Shelbys and S197s.
Apparently anyone can buy the hood through Shelby.  That makes me happy, because when I get to buy an S197, I will be buying that hood too.

The Pirate

Damn, I really really want an S197.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Is the S197 this generation or last gen Mustang?

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

I really want one too :rockon:

Just today on Desperate Housewives I saw a guy driving a red on red GT convertible, it looked great.

SVT666

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 14, 2007, 06:57:21 PM
Please let this be a typo.

Two words:  Eva Longoria...

Seven more words:  Sixty miles away from me right now...

Five last words:  I don't watch the show.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on June 14, 2007, 07:19:49 PM
Two words:? Eva Longoria...
Call me crazy, but I don't find her that hot.  She's pretty, but there's something missing for me.

SVT666

I still wish Ford had done somthing with this GT-R concept.

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 14, 2007, 11:14:52 AM
No. Customers take their cars to get modified.
But for the $27k they don't take any weight out of it?

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on June 15, 2007, 03:04:27 PM
But for the $27k they don't take any weight out of it?
No.  For $27K you get a car that handles with the best of them, 725 hp, and a body to kill for.

Raghavan

But weighs 4,000 lbs.
I'd rather have a Z06.

Raghavan

Oh, and $27k only gets you to 600 hp, not 725.

Raza

I think I am going to open up my list to the 01 Cobra. 

But then again, the LS1 GTO gets better gas mileage. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg479674#msg479674 date=1181960048
I think I am going to open up my list to the 01 Cobra.?

But then again, the LS1 GTO gets better gas mileage.?
The '01 Cobra gets terrible mileage.  I think it only gets 22 mpg under the old EPA.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 15, 2007, 08:18:50 AM
Call me crazy, but I don't find her that hot.? She's pretty, but there's something missing for me.

+1
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*