Genesis Wants To Know If You’d Put Down $1,000 Deposit On A Production X CoupeEV

Started by cawimmer430, April 09, 2021, 06:09:37 AM

cawimmer430

F*cking gorgeous.  :wub:

Genesis Wants To Know If You'd Put Down $1,000 Deposit On A Production X Coupe EV

Asking on Twitter whether or not people would put down a $1,000 deposit on the Genesis X, it seems that the public's reaction to the concept has been strong enough to lead Genesis USA to wonder if they should put it into production.

The all-electric coupe was intended as a concept only when it was unveiled on March 30. At the time, a Genesis spokesperson told us: "For now, this is purely a design statement."

They did however leave the door open for more, adding: "I would tell you to let your imagination run wild; Genesis is a young brand with a growing product lineup and potential for many more exciting model lines."

Indeed, public reaction to the Genesis X has been very positive. I called it strikingly handsome and our own Brad Anderson called it gorgeous. Our commenters were fans of the design, too.

"Absolutely gorgeous," wrote commenter gich, while HURACAN wrote, "Genesis is on a role." Marshall, another reader, wrote "Just a reminder of how a concept should look." Indeed, the brand will hope that commenter PK was right when he wrote "If this concept truly makes it way to a production[sic]. Genesis will have a bright future ahead of them!!!!"

Although many design details have been revealed, no drivetrain details were confirmed. We can assume, though, that a production version would be based on Hyundai's E-GMP platform which is targeting 310 miles of range and up to 600 hp, according to the automaker.

Genesis' use of the #JustAsking hashtag suggests that this is far from a sure thing, but it is at least encouraging to see that the public is excited enough by a two-door coupe to make an automaker seriously think about pouring the resources into making one.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2021/04/genesis-wants-to-know-if-youd-put-down-1000-deposit-on-a-production-x-coupe-ev/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

SJ_GTI

It does look very nice, not the type of EV I would be looking for though.

MX793

Looks like it could well have come from the design studio at Aston Martin.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.