Ford Aerostar & Opel Blitz

Started by cawimmer430, August 30, 2017, 11:39:16 AM

cawimmer430

Rusting away in a semi-abandoned industrial location in Munich.  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

DOD sticker in the top middle of the Aerostar's windshield and North Carolina dealer=  American soldier's old vehicle. Maybe SHO's?  :lol: The lightning bolt grill ornament on the Opel is cool.

FoMoJo

I had a '93 Aerostar, extended model with the 4.0 'German' V6.  We were doing some serious renovation, at the time, and 4 by 8 sheets of plywood and aspenite fit perfectly into the back with both sets of seats folded down.  Great highway cruiser as well with 7 people.  Had it on a 3 year lease and it was perfect, not a single problem.  Two tone green and grey.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on August 30, 2017, 11:57:59 AM
DOD sticker in the top middle of the Aerostar's windshield and North Carolina dealer=  American soldier's old vehicle. Maybe SHO's?  :lol: The lightning bolt grill ornament on the Opel is cool.

Apparently the Ford Windstar was sold in Europe for a short time... so perhaps the Aerostar... was to? This one, though, looks to be US-spec given the mph speedometer.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 30, 2017, 12:05:29 PM
I had a '93 Aerostar, extended model with the 4.0 'German' V6.  We were doing some serious renovation, at the time, and 4 by 8 sheets of plywood and aspenite fit perfectly into the back with both sets of seats folded down.  Great highway cruiser as well with 7 people.  Had it on a 3 year lease and it was perfect, not a single problem.  Two tone green and grey.

Was that 4.0 V6 rough? I am no engineer, but it seems that huge displacements distributed over fewer cylinders equates to refinement issues. Just curious.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 30, 2017, 05:15:25 PM
Was that 4.0 V6 rough? I am no engineer, but it seems that huge displacements distributed over fewer cylinders equates to refinement issues. Just curious.
I wouldn't say rough, at least not compared to vehicles I've had in the past. It did have a nice growl to it though.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Rupert

"MDMA" tag on the Opel = party bus. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 30, 2017, 07:18:20 PM
I wouldn't say rough, at least not compared to vehicles I've had in the past. It did have a nice growl to it though.

A modern car journalist would probably bash that as a "poorly refined motor"... :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rupert on August 30, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
"MDMA" tag on the Opel = party bus. :lol:

I don't get it.

If it said "YMCA" then I'd get it. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

My family had an Aerostar when I was pretty young. Barely remember it, but I remember when we got the new Windstar and the Aero was sitting at the end of the driveway for sale. My dad also had a Bronco at the time, which I also barely remember. Then it was on to Explorers.

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 31, 2017, 07:00:49 AM
I don't get it.

If it said "YMCA" then I'd get it. :lol:

MDMA is the active ingredient in ecstasy. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 31, 2017, 07:13:47 AM
MDMA is the active ingredient in ecstasy. 

How am I supposed to know that? :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 31, 2017, 07:32:36 AM
How am I supposed to know that? :lol:

I dunno.  Most people I know know what MDMA is. :huh: :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 31, 2017, 07:35:55 AM
I dunno.  Most people I know know what MDMA is. :huh: :lol:

Yeah, drug problems are a serious issue these days...  :devil:  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 31, 2017, 07:13:09 AM
My family had an Aerostar when I was pretty young. Barely remember it, but I remember when we got the new Windstar and the Aero was sitting at the end of the driveway for sale. My dad also had a Bronco at the time, which I also barely remember. Then it was on to Explorers.
Ford guy, eh?

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 31, 2017, 07:51:54 AM
Ford guy, eh?

Yeah, we were a pretty heavily Ford family, especially on my mom's side.  There's a picture that was taken at a 4th of July reunion thing one year of all of the Explorers (at least five) in the family with their respective owners and family members next to them. 

Now mom has a Q5 and dad has a Nissan Frontier. :lol:

TBR

2nd generation Explorer was probably my first car crush. At least the first I remember.

I realize that's completely random, but then so is the Aerostar (and, judging by the look of it, same goes with the Opel).