Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

MX793

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 19, 2019, 09:31:53 AM
Welp...may as well buy a Goldwing

The new ones are pretty sporty.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on April 19, 2019, 03:07:05 PM
The new ones are pretty sporty.
I low-key want to test ride one, but I don't think i've ever seen someone under 60 owning one.

MX793

My uncle just bought the newest model.  I'm sure I'll get a chance to ride it this summer.  He had (still has) the previous generation and he convinced me to ride it a couple of years ago and I was shocked at how agile it was for a 900 lb couch.  Did not feel nearly as heavy as it was and would run circles around any cruiser I've ridden.  Other than limited lean angle, the handling responses felt more like a big sport tourer.  New one is sportier.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

50s and sunny today. Uncovered the Honda and ripped around town a little bit (still way too much snow on the trails).  Fired right up.

Speed_Racer

It finally stopped raining for a day, so I took an inaugural two-up ride with the GF. She approves - tons of room to stretch out. I ordered us both Senas so we can chat on longer rides.

giant_mtb

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Waiting for the "smokes meth" vehicle next...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 20, 2019, 02:16:34 PM
Waiting for the "smokes meth" vehicle next...

Oh I know those. 

SVT_Power

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 19, 2019, 09:31:53 AM
Welp...may as well buy a Goldwing

On the contrary, now that I'm out of the city and insurance is reasonable I've been thinking about finally getting myself a supersport and see what the crotchrocket thing is like.

I know my joints will hate it, but hey I gotta try it at least once  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FoMoJo

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 20, 2019, 02:25:50 PM
On the contrary, now that I'm out of the city and insurance is reasonable I've been thinking about finally getting myself a supersport and see what the crotchrocket thing is like.

Take couple of ibuprofen.  Your joints'll feel fine.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

shp4man

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 20, 2019, 02:20:00 PM
Oh I know those. 

That's what they get for moving to Michigan.  ;)

giant_mtb

Might have to make a trip to see this. Only ~300 miles away.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 20, 2019, 02:25:50 PM

See if you can do a demo day.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 23, 2019, 03:23:07 AM
Might have to make a trip to see this. Only ~300 miles away.

:rockon:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 23, 2019, 09:11:34 AM
:rockon:

'Tis on the calendar!  Taking that Friday off so I can get over there and snag a good camping spot.

Speed_Racer

One of the Explorer's fork seals sprung a leak, so I spent last night putting fresh ones on. First time I've worked on inverted forks, but not as bad as I expected. It just took a while since I don't have a shop manual for it yet.

giant_mtb

Speed_Racer

I love that one, so versatile

CaminoRacer

I might schedule a demo for a Zero S. There's a dealer right down the road from my work.

Speed_Racer

I've been wanting to do that for a while, report back if you do!

CaminoRacer

Test ride is scheduled for the 25th.

Not having a clutch or shifter is probably gonna be super weird at first. Your left side does nothing, it's all your right hand and foot.
I like the idea of super minimal maintenance and only a couple moving parts. They're kinda expensive, though, and freeway range is very low.

Speed_Racer

Do they support the standard quick charging port for EV cars, or is it only a proprietary thing?

CaminoRacer

Yes, I think that's the "charge tank" option for an extra 2 grand.

giant_mtb

Got out on the trails for the first time today.  Snow only left in the shadiest of shady spots, so not much at all.  Still a bit mucky in spots, but I was able to follow all my usual routes.  Did about 73 miles.

Eye of the Tiger

73 miles is a long way on a derk berk.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 14, 2019, 05:38:13 PM
73 miles is a long way on a derk berk.

Indeed.  Luckily 230L is nice and squishy on the suspension and only has <15hp so it doesn't beat you up on long rides.  I was out for about five hours, stopping here and there.

giant_mtb

I like putting miles on.  I've averaged about a thousand miles a summer over the last four summers.  I don't mind a short evening ride a couple times a week, but I usually mountain bike instead (though Throttle Therapy is sometimes better) and save dirt bikin' for the weekend when I can go far and wide on a nice day cruise.

MX793

If it ever stops raining and temperatures decide to get above 50, maybe I'll be able to bring my bike out.  Only upside is that after a couple of weeks of near continuous rain, all of the road salt and sand from the winter has totally washed away.
Needs more Jiggawatts

12,000 RPM

I just need to get the right sized nut for my new battery terminals and the bike will be put up. Debating getting a suit and doing a couple of rides before it's totally gone
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs