Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

CaminoRacer

I stopped by the local Yamaha dealer to sit on an MT-07 and MT-09. They are out of MT-09s but had two 07s. Nice size bike!

The dealership is annoying though.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

MT-07s sound good for twins, too!

This has been the rainiest UT spring I can remember. The bikes are all tuned and polished but just sitting in the garage waiting. I'm going to have some catching up to do this summer.

MX793

Been rainy and/or unseasonably cold here as well.  Nearly half a foot of rainfall so far this month (we average around 3.25 inches of rain in May) in 15 days of rain with more in the forecast.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

The dealership has called me every single day since I stopped by. They offered me $200 to trade in my GS550 when it's worth 10-15x that. They wasted me time pulling stupid tricks to get me to buy it on the spot even though I was just there to sit on the bikes, and they didn't even have an MT-09 which is what I really wanted to look at.

I blocked their number. Even if I get an MT-whatever, I'll go to a different dealership.

giant_mtb

Quote from: MX793 on May 20, 2019, 10:22:40 AM
Been rainy and/or unseasonably cold here as well.  Nearly half a foot of rainfall so far this month (we average around 3.25 inches of rain in May) in 15 days of rain with more in the forecast.

We're at 7.9" of rain so far in May. Previous record is 7.91, so we'll most likely beat it this month lol.  Also this spring is currently the 4th-wettest on record, at just over 14" of rain, with more spring to come.

12,000 RPM

Our soil was absolutely saturated in April to the point that I was worried for our house's foundation
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Woof.  $86 plus cost of new tubes (~$30) to get my tires swapped out at the local powersports place.  Oh well, it's a PITA.  I might get some proper tire spoons next time, though.  My 3-piece tire lever set has one really good, long lever, one medium lever that's still useful, and one shorty that's nearly useless.  Three good spoons would make life easier.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Used to change dirt bike tires with a 5 gallon bucket as a stand and a pair of 8 or 10" tire spoons.  The were just long enough that you could tuck the end under the sprocket and use that to hold the spoon down.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

What is this and why isn't it mine?

SVT_Power

Injun FTR1200 or something right?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on May 22, 2019, 09:57:09 PM
Injun FTR1200 or something right?

Yeah but I don't see one in my driveway. WTF

Speed_Racer

Gorgeous bike! That's how to introduce younger riders to an older brand

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 23, 2019, 09:14:05 AM

That's how I introduce me to the ladies :winkguy:

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 23, 2019, 09:14:05 AM

Pricey though. Eek.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 23, 2019, 09:51:39 AM
Pricey though. Eek.

Yeah, the Kawasaki Z400 is more like what I can afford

but it's so pointy

Eye of the Tiger

but now there a little Versys 300 for $5499

12,000 RPM

Damn I kind of want this

^Could be me

Speed_Racer

I test rode one of those Scramblers, it was a lot of fun!

Eye of the Tiger

Yes... that is sex on two wheels. I need that little Ducati. Will trade left pinky toe for Ducati.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 24, 2019, 10:35:21 AM
Yes... that is sex on two wheels. I need that little Ducati. Will trade left pinky toe for Ducati.

Isn't your left pinky toe your shift toe, tho?  Take the right one, fuck the brakes.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 24, 2019, 11:12:38 AM
Isn't your left pinky toe your shift toe, tho?  Take the right one, fuck the brakes.

TMI: My left pinky toe has a slight case of hypoplasia and is basically useless.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 24, 2019, 10:13:46 AM
I test rode one of those Scramblers, it was a lot of fun!

Do Ducati dealers allow test rides? Every motorcycle dealership I've been to refuses to allow test rides, even on used bikes. :lockedup:

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 24, 2019, 01:08:09 PM
Do Ducati dealers allow test rides? Every motorcycle dealership I've been to refuses to allow test rides, even on used bikes. :lockedup:

That sucks, I think it depends on the dealer management. The BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealership out here is very cool with no-pressure test rides as long as they are pre-owned or new factory demos.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 24, 2019, 02:55:52 PM
That sucks, I think it depends on the dealer management. The BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealership out here is very cool with no-pressure test rides as long as they are pre-owned or new factory demos.

I haven't been to a European bile dealership. We don't have one locally. It really pissed me off when they wouldn't even let me ride the VStrom before I bought it, but I got the deal I wanted. But I'll never go to that dealer again.

12,000 RPM

I test rode a Streetfighter 848 at the Triumph/Ducati/whatever dealer in South Charlotte

I wish someone did bike rentals. I want a motorcycle for like 1 month out of the year

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 24, 2019, 06:13:25 PM
I test rode a Streetfighter 848 at the Triumph/Ducati/whatever dealer in South Charlotte

I wish someone did bike rentals. I want a motorcycle for like 1 month out of the year

I've seen scooter/moped rentals, but I don't know about real motorcycles. Million dollar idea?  :partyon:

12,000 RPM

What could possibly go wrong

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 24, 2019, 06:19:40 PM
I've seen scooter/moped rentals, but I don't know about real motorcycles. Million dollar idea?  :partyon:

I've been served ads for a couple of companies that are like the Turo of motorcycles.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 25, 2019, 12:32:48 AM
I've been served ads for a couple of companies that are like the Turo of motorcycles.

I might want to check that out, seriously. But I doubt they serve this shit town.