Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Finally dug the bike out of hibernation this morning.  Somewhat sunny and pretty warm and I needed to get my annual inspection done before the end of the month, so I dashed over to a local shop to have that handled.  Started clouding up on the ride home and they're talking severe thunderstorms this afternoon (again), so I think my little jaunt this morning will be it for today.  More rain and cooler tomorrow.  Monday is supposed to be nice, so maybe I'll go for a more legit ride then.

Between unseasonably cool weather and the rain, I think this may be the latest I've ever dug the bike out of winter storage.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Riders Share and Twisted Road are the two I've seen recently.

12,000 RPM

:mask:

https://www.riders-share.com/listing/4tkKzpY769pdiETKt

Do you think Parag would mind if I took his bike to CMP?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 26, 2019, 06:49:20 AM
:mask:

https://www.riders-share.com/listing/4tkKzpY769pdiETKt

Do you think Parag would mind if I took his bike to CMP?

Coool. Looking at the selection in Columbia ... 2 bikes ... a 650 Suzuki scooter, and an Intruder 1500. Lol. I'll take the cruiser

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 24, 2019, 06:19:40 PM
I've seen scooter/moped rentals, but I don't know about real motorcycles. Million dollar idea?  :partyon:

My local Harley shop does rentals. 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 26, 2019, 09:00:58 AM
My local Harley shop does rentals.

But I don't want to rent a clunky pile of Harley. :lol:

SVT_Power

Popped my ferry ride with bike cherry, even if it was just a 5 min ride  :praise:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

I think this is my favorite picture with the SV so far.

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Speed_Racer

Nice road to open it up!

giant_mtb

Yeah, that's really pretty. I love tree tunnels like that.

SVT_Power

I think at this point, I'm almost certain my next bike will be an adventure bike.

- Seeing as how I live out in the boonies now, I definitely would like some wind/bug protection
- A lot of crumbling rural roads when exploring
- I still want to get into motocamping/longer rides
- My knees aren't liking the SV after 2+ hours

I would really like a Triumph Tiger 800 or something, but I'll most likely have to settle for a Vstrom. On the positive side, now that insurance is more reasonable living out here, I'll probably swing for a Vstrom 1000 if it comes to it.

Eye of the Tiger

MX793

Honda Africa Twin if you plan to do some off-roading.  VStrom or Versys if you're just going to be on crummy, crumbling roads.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on May 27, 2019, 04:27:15 PM
Honda Africa Twin if you plan to do some off-roading.  VStrom or Versys if you're just going to be on crummy, crumbling roads.

Seconding that. The VStroms just don't have the ground clearance or suspension for anything more than a unpaved fire roads but they're real good at long rides on pavement.

Also look into the Super Tenere

MX793

KLR650 is another good one for tackling off road terrain and still OK for gobbling miles on pavement.  I've heard of a number of people taking those things up the Yukon trail or similar long hauls.
Needs more Jiggawatts

giant_mtb

Bulletproof, too.  Ancient, sure, but bulletproof.

Eye of the Tiger

I took my Suzuki GS750 off road, once. It got completely stuck in the mud and my buddy had to push me out. I blame the tire. :rockon:

SVT_Power

Quote from: MX793 on May 27, 2019, 04:27:15 PM

Ha I wish. If I can't afford a used Triumph Tiger 800, how am I gonna afford an Africa Twin?  :cry:

SVT_Power

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 27, 2019, 05:09:05 PM
Bulletproof, too.  Ancient, sure, but bulletproof.

Funny y'all mention the KLR. Literally came across this video yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvGZS5fqxrk

Eye of the Tiger

IRL, for what I can afford, what I want is either a 94+ Honda Magna 750, or any Kawasaki Vulcan 750. My adventure is going to the drive-in to pickup chicks, but coming home with a cheeseburger.

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on May 27, 2019, 05:52:12 PM
Funny y'all mention the KLR. Literally came across this video yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvGZS5fqxrk

Watched that one, too. :lol:

giant_mtb

When I took my wheels/tires in to be swapped (last Monday), she said it would be a day or two.  Nine days later...I finally get the call that they're ready. lol

Edit:  Wah, $143 for the swap plus tubes.  The tires themselves were like $180?  Not worth it...gonna get me a good set o' spoons and just do it myself from now on.  It's a PITA, but it's not a $143 PITA.  :hammerhead:

Speed_Racer

Every single day it rains. EVERY. DAY. Even if it's sunny and clear in SLC, I can't get more than hour away before I run into more rain.
I got rain+hail today, but at least the roads were empty so I could do some spirited riding. The reservoirs/rivers are so full right now too, it's nuts.

12,000 RPM

Rode the bike one last time this weekend. It felt good. It felt right. The speed surprised me. But it's time. Going to subject myself to CL/FBM hell and list it tonight :cry:

Speed_Racer

Good luck, use a Google Voice number haha

Speed_Racer

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 03, 2019, 11:25:32 AM
Rode the bike one last time this weekend. It felt good. It felt right. The speed surprised me. But it's time. Going to subject myself to CL/FBM hell and list it tonight :cry:
:popcorn:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

3 weeks, no bites

Going to take off the snazzy shock and drop the price.

giant_mtb

Damn, I feel like this is prime bike-selling(buying) season. Or is it year round riding down there? :lol: