Cancel That Gladiator – There’s An Army-Spec G-Class Pickup For Sale

Started by cawimmer430, July 13, 2019, 11:01:24 AM

cawimmer430

For the purist off-roader in ya who likes to take things sloooooow! Ex-army 1993 Mercedes-Benz 250GD (Diesel) Pickup! Located in Utah,  asking price $62,000.  :ohyeah:

Cancel That Gladiator – There's An Army-Spec G-Class Pickup For Sale

Sometimes it's tough to remember that there was a time when the Mercedes G-Class was considered a raw utility vehicle that could tackle almost any obstacle instead of a status symbol. Until you come across this gorgeous military-spec W461 pickup truck and it all comes back.

This is a 1993 250GD W461, the very rare single-cab pickup truck version of the G-Class, created mainly for military use. It's powered by the virtually indestructible OThe seller has added a turbo kit which supposedly "makes a huge difference in power", along with a bigger pump.

Four-wheel drive is of course present, as are locking differentials on both axles.M602 five-cylinder diesel that's paired to a four-speed manual gearbox with a low range transfer box.

Despite being an ex-army vehicle, the truck appears to be in a truly excellent condition, with all the body panels arrow straight and not a hint of rust anywhere. Of course the relatively low (for its age) mileage might have to do something with that, as the truck has covered just 38,663 km (around 24k miles).

The spartan interior is worlds apart from what the G-Class gets these days, but it's got a totally different kind of appeal: the seats are finished in hard-wearing vinyl, the door cards are as plain as they can get, while if you want music for the road, you'd better start singing or use your smartphone – there's no radio installed. The only concession to creature comforts is an under-dash air-conditioning system.

The long bed comes with three drop-down sides and there's a spare wheel mounted between it and the cab. A set of original 16-inch steel wheels wrapped in off-road ready tires complete the original looks.

Arguable the most utilitarian iterations of the G-Class, this 250GD, which is located in Utah, is offered for sale on eBay for a rather cool $62,000. Sure, you can always get a brand new Jeep Gladiator, but that's nowhere near as exclusive (or heritage-rich) as the Merc.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/cancel-that-gladiator-theres-an-army-spec-g-class-pickup-for-sale/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

How small must your penis be in order to buy something like that? :lol:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Wimmer, I need to introduce you to GovPlanet...

https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips

FoMoJo; what's with the obsession with dicks?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2019, 01:01:23 PM
FoMoJo; what's with the obsession with dicks?
I dunno, first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture.  Must be losing my filter.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

shp4man

Man, that is a cool looking truck. Want it. Check out the sliding back window.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Galaxy

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 13, 2019, 12:58:10 PM

This thing is tiny compared to many other trucks.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Galaxy on July 13, 2019, 02:51:14 PM
This thing is tiny compared to many other trucks.

But also truck size has nothing to do with penises, and car enthusiasts' obsession with trying to degrade truck owners is kinda bizarre.

FoMoJo

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 13, 2019, 02:56:07 PM
But also truck size has nothing to do with penises, and car enthusiasts' obsession with trying to degrade truck owners is kinda bizarre.
Yet it happens all the time. :huh:

Mostly in jest, but I guess that we're just all a bit too PC now.

Payman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 13, 2019, 02:31:31 PM
Cool truck but not 62k cool

My thoughts exactly. I bet if I put in a bit of effort, I could find one close to that for in the teens, or less than 25k anyway.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 13, 2019, 12:58:10 PM

It's an ecologically green vegan penis. :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de