Mercedes-AMG G63 Proclaimed The Most Desirable Big SUV In The World

Started by cawimmer430, August 25, 2019, 04:40:24 AM

cawimmer430

I can relate. SUVs are not my thing. But every time I shoot these G63 AMGs I think to myself, "Man, I want one." Totally irrational since these are massive, gas-guzzling and not the easiest-to-live-with cars in a cramped German city environment. But they feel so nice inside, that AMG steering wheel (same steering wheel in my A250) feels so damn good in one's hands and the sound of that V8 Turbo engine... damn.  :wub:

I really find these G63 AMGs to be desirable. And I really don't like SUVs! Totally weird!!!

Mercedes-AMG G63 Proclaimed The Most Desirable Big SUV In The World

It's not that hard to see why the G-Class has been around for so long, but the latest iteration really made it way better in every single way without losing its charm, which is something that deserves all the praise Mercedes can get.

The re-engineered platform really shines in the range-topping G63, where the Germans stuffed their twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 under the bonnet and cranked it to produce 577 HP (585 PS) and 627lb-ft (850Nm) of torque.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDuEmGBfvs

Mercedes claims that 0-60 mph comes in 4.4 seconds (0-100 km/h in 4.5), while top speed is electronically limited to 137 mph (220 km/h). Tick the right option, though, and the limiter is lifted to 149mph (240km/h).

Whereas the old G63 would struggle keeping everything in check on a winding road due to its ancient underpinnings, the new one is nothing short of a revelation, according to Chris Harris who, in order to prove his point, took this rather lovely dark green press car on a track.

As it turns out, you can actually use the huge power reserves of the V8 and not end up in a ditch thanks to features like the new independent, double wishbone front axle directly mounted to the ladder frame and the latest AMG Performance 4Matic all-wheel drive.

Then there's the lovely interior, which is now on par with every other luxury SUV in the market and comes with Mercedes' dual-screen setup. Sure, the available room for passengers and their stuff might not be the greatest in this price range, but the G63's charm is so overwhelming, you'll simply won't care.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/mercedes-amg-g63-proclaimed-the-most-desirable-big-suv-in-the-market/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

I had almost forgotten about this car.  I love the redesign. I'd be interested in seeing an on road face off between this and the GLE 63 AMG Coupe.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Xer0

I can't adequately express how little sense this thing makes to me.  You take a production car that is in the top 10 least capable on road vehicles and desperately try to make it into a track monster.  It baffles my mind.  Give me a loaded G450 or whatever the least powerful V8 G class is nowadays.  Hell, probably a modern I6 or V6 diesel is probably enough for this thing.  Do not want to go fast lol

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on August 27, 2019, 09:33:47 AM
I can't adequately express how little sense this thing makes to me.  You take a production car that is in the top 10 least capable on road vehicles and desperately try to make it into a track monster.  It baffles my mind.  Give me a loaded G450 or whatever the least powerful V8 G class is nowadays.  Hell, probably a modern I6 or V6 diesel is probably enough for this thing.  Do not want to go fast lol

Agreed. You don't need the AMG, but man, just drive one - they are addicting, sound so good and feel so nice. I've also driven the new G500 and the G350d and they're equally nice, but the AMG model just feels more special. The G350d is incredibly quiet by the way.

The most powerful non-AMG model is the gasoline-powered G500 and then there are two diesels - the G350d and G400d (same engine, different power/torque outputs).

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

By the way, just configured "my G63 AMG" on the MB website. This is how I'd order mine if I had money to burn.  :wub:

Olive Metallic Green and Macchiatobeige Nappa Leather (I'd  opt for cloth or MB-TEX if it were available in this configuration). Damn, this thing looks good. Hate SUVs, but love this thing for some reason! :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Wimmer: I am not a fan of gas-guzzling SUVs.

Also Wimmer: Fuck these people that hate things that guzzle gas.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de