2018/2019 Suzuki Jimny

Started by cawimmer430, September 25, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

JWC

Quote from: RomanChariot on September 26, 2018, 03:38:07 PM
I love it. I test drove a Suzuki Samurai in 1986 and they only had 63hp. It was bare bones and slow on the highway but it was a lot of fun. They have a bit of a cult status but it is hard to find one that isn't either beat to death or heavily modified. I would love to see this come to the United States along with some true small pickups like they had in the '80s.

I bought a Samurai in 1987 and loved it. I drove it cross-country from Livermore Ca to Morehead City NC. It climbed (slowly) through the Sierras, through high winds and blowing snow in Wyoming, and a snow storm in Kansas City. That thing took a lot of abuse. My step-father and I took it to wooded sand swamps in Carteret and it never got stuck. One time we took it through a wet swamp and realized after driving through about a half mile of water, the dry spot we came to a stop on, was the only spot for another mile of water. My brother in-law said, 'well, now what, you can't turn it around and the water is too deep to back through'. The Samurai turned around on a two track wood path in four moves. That brother inlaw has owned a Samurai for the last twenty-plus years.

Speed_Racer

I'd love an old tin-top Samurai as a runabout/off road toy, but the ones without rust are getting spendy these days.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Galaxy

So it looks like Suzuki has a problem on it's hands, in the most positive variant of a problem. They completely underestimated demand, everywhere from Europe to South Africa.

Apparently 2019 production has been sold out completely. Allegedly there is a waiting list of 32 month.

It is being bought by everyone from hunters and forestry people who want a small, capable off roader that had modern amenities like Apple Car Play, but do not want to spend the money on a Wrangler, to young people who are buying it because it's cute.

heelntoe

I'm not surprised. I would totally rock one if they sold it here. They delayed an Indian launch because of demand, too.
@heelntoe

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on November 16, 2018, 04:16:43 PM
Apparently 2019 production has been sold out completely. Allegedly there is a waiting list of 32 month.

W123 all over again.  :tounge:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie