My Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG...

Started by cawimmer430, October 25, 2018, 04:23:31 PM

cawimmer430

Well not mine, but I love playing with the configurator on the Mercedes website. This thing is gorgeous!  :wub:

Color? Designo Olive Metallic, a 2.261,- Euro option.

Price of the car as configured? 171,246.95 Euros ($194,772)!

I'm not crazy about SUVs, but I do have a soft spot for the G-Class, even the new one. A few weeks ago I photographed both the new G500 and G63 AMG for a company in Munich. I even got to drive both cars and wow, I can see their appeal. The AMG was awesome!  :rockon:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

It would be nice if Merc offered a factory lift package along with chunkier tires.  It's probably going to be impossible to find one aftermarket, unlike for the 463.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Galaxy

Quote from: Submariner on November 13, 2018, 08:15:50 PM
It would be nice if Merc offered a factory lift package along with chunkier tires.  It's probably going to be impossible to find one aftermarket, unlike for the 463.

I'm sure the squared version is not far off.

Xer0

That interior looks fantastic.  Nice color too.  Are all of your screenshots from the MB build it website?  If so, that's pretty impressive cause usually those things kinda suck.

Submariner

Quote from: Galaxy on November 13, 2018, 10:44:01 PM
I'm sure the squared version is not far off.

Yeah, I'm sure it is.  But that squared is just too much.  I mean, Merc should offer an "off road" package for the regular G550 - 2-3" lift, 34-35" tires, maybe some silly-bright LED lights mounted to the front bumper, etc. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on November 13, 2018, 08:15:50 PM

Give it some time. Also, it might not be available on the '63 AMG, but I can see them offering this type of option for a more sensible "working" diesel model(s) when they introduce it.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on November 14, 2018, 08:15:00 AM
That interior looks fantastic.  Nice color too.  Are all of your screenshots from the MB build it website?  If so, that's pretty impressive cause usually those things kinda suck.

Yep, I took these screenshots after configuring the car (there's a "view your car/interior" (orange arrow) option) and then cropped them in Photoshop.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 14, 2018, 01:52:26 PM
Give it some time. Also, it might not be available on the '63 AMG, but I can see them offering this type of option for a more sensible "working" diesel model(s) when they introduce it.

That would be nice.  There is a somewhat decent aftermarket for the W463, including numerous 2-4" lift kits.  Hopefully there will be similar options for the new model too.

cawimmer430

Xer0,

The cool thing about the configurator is that some models have different locations (the A-Class/A-Class Sedan, X-Class and V-Class) and there's a DAY and NIGHT mode. In the case of the new A-Class, they removed the night mode and added a "LATE AFTERNOON" mode.  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AltinD

I rode in one the other day. The owner, who replaced with it a 2013 model year previous generation vehicle, said this one rides way better, is faster, more comfortable more modern and all that .... but the old one was more raw, more manly, more character (he did crash it once and it cost the insurance company more then 25k in repairs bills)

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD