2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE

Started by cawimmer430, November 05, 2018, 12:10:25 PM

cawimmer430

Came out a few weeks ago. A big improvement over the BLAND last generation model. Sweet interior.

AMG Line

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

I still can't help but see a Benz-ified Equinox.

Does look nice, though.

Submariner

I'm jealous.  I'm driving a 2015 ML350 at the moment.  Nice truck (car) for the most part, but the new one looks a lot better inside and out.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 05, 2018, 12:18:13 PM
I still can't help but see a Benz-ified Equinox.

Does look nice, though.

:lol:

The only thing they have in common is that forward-leaning rear C-pillar, but that has been sort of a trademark of the 2nd and 3rd generation M-Class/GLE-Classes.  ;)

On the German MB website you can now configure the GLE. That was quick. Still no A35 AMG on their website to configure!

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on November 05, 2018, 12:32:05 PM
I'm jealous.  I'm driving a 2015 ML350 at the moment.  Nice truck (car) for the most part, but the new one looks a lot better inside and out.

When Colin visited me in Munich this year he arrived with a GLE350d (Diesel). Very nice car and incredibly refined.

But design-wise, inside and out, I thought the cabin was quite dated and the exterior design... let's just say I was never a fan of the 3rd generation M-Class. No offense. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 06, 2018, 03:56:12 PM
:lol:

The only thing they have in common is that forward-leaning rear C-pillar, but that has been sort of a trademark of the 2nd and 3rd generation M-Class/GLE-Classes.  ;)

Indeed.  The greenhouses are very close.  And I see a lot of Equinoxes and not very many GLEs, so... :lol:

The MB does, of course, look much nicer.  I just see that C-pillar and can't take my eyes off of it. :lol:

cawimmer430

Hmmm... here I see zero Equinoxes!  :lol:

But I do love the interior of this thing. I'm not an SUV guy, but this thing is certainly better-looking than the 3rd generation M-Class/GLE, which I always hated from the moment I saw it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 06, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
Indeed.  The greenhouses are very close.  And I see a lot of Equinoxes and not very many GLEs, so... :lol:

The MB does, of course, look much nicer.  I just see that C-pillar and can't take my eyes off of it. :lol:

Mercedes has been using that design element (albeit less pronounced) since the original ML.

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 06, 2018, 03:57:28 PM
When Colin visited me in Munich this year he arrived with a GLE350d (Diesel). Very nice car and incredibly refined.

But design-wise, inside and out, I thought the cabin was quite dated and the exterior design... let's just say I was never a fan of the 3rd generation M-Class. No offense. ;)

None taken.  It's a very nice car, and I wouldn't call the interior "dated", but rather, "uninspired".

But even with a pretty hefty set of options, no HID lights!  Come on, Mercedes.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

I actually always liked the latest ML- always thought it was a good looking car with a decent interior. I always thought the interior of the second gen was cheap. For whatever reason, I always liked the first gen. Probably because one of my best friends has 2 halves of 2001 ML320s in his family that his dad has jerry-rigged together with duct tape and prayers. The thing is a huge piece of shit, but for whatever reason I like it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Xer0

Eh.  The bubbly look works on the smaller GLC but I wish this thing looked a bit more rugged.  As it is it looks a lot softer vs the previous gen and worse for it.  The body cladding looks cheap too.  New X5 looks way better, imo.

Interior looks nice though.

heelntoe

@heelntoe

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 06, 2018, 10:03:26 PM
I actually always liked the latest ML- always thought it was a good looking car with a decent interior. I always thought the interior of the second gen was cheap. For whatever reason, I always liked the first gen. Probably because one of my best friends has 2 halves of 2001 ML320s in his family that his dad has jerry-rigged together with duct tape and prayers. The thing is a huge piece of shit, but for whatever reason I like it.

It's excellent off-road. I have three friends in Australia with the ML270 CDI (5-cylinder Turbodiesel) versions and they seem to like them. One recently posted some photos of their '270 CDI, beaten and abused (headlights clouded up) but still soldiering on with almost 500,000 km!

First and third generation are my least favorites. I actually like the second generation model the best (have yet to see the 4th generation model in person).  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de