Tesla

Started by SJ_GTI, February 23, 2017, 07:11:02 AM

MrH

Finally, the mainstream is catching on to what a fraud Elon is.  The Boring Company debacle this week had me in tears I was laughing so hard.  Everyone thinks it's stupid.

It's just another company to hype and use as a method to fund his other companies he can't raise for.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

giant_mtb

12,000 RPM

https://jalopnik.com/what-the-actual-shit-was-that-1831214583

Wow, this is Kanye bad. He should plug that Boring Co. money into autonomy, because normal, self driven vehicles on existing roads is definitely a better way forward. Hopefully this is separate from Tesla but even if so I'd be pissed that Elon is even wasting his time on this
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

What have people been expecting?  It's been a retarded shitshow of an idea from the beginning...

However, that is indeed hilarious...most notably Elon's responses to basic questions.

GoCougs

Elon is THE prime example of why Big Tech is collapsing. WtP are finally seeing the fraud (or, infinitely over-hyped) exercise that Big Tech is.

Submariner

Time to get into big weed instead.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

MrH

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 20, 2018, 11:27:23 AM
What have people been expecting?  It's been a retarded shitshow of an idea from the beginning...

However, that is indeed hilarious...most notably Elon's responses to basic questions.
This idea could work well for smuggling drugs and illegal aliens under the promised border wall; if/when it gets built :huh:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 20, 2018, 11:00:16 AM
https://jalopnik.com/what-the-actual-shit-was-that-1831214583

Wow, this is Kanye bad. He should plug that Boring Co. money into autonomy, because normal, self driven vehicles on existing roads is definitely a better way forward. Hopefully this is separate from Tesla but even if so I'd be pissed that Elon is even wasting his time on this

He built a stupid tower for some monty python joke outside of SpaceX.  And now introduced a farting app on Teslas.  They include "ripping short shorts" as one of the options.

Yes, the man whose entire business is crumbling around him and has been found guilty of security fraud is spending time making farting apps to make fun of short sellers.  This is incredible.  This is like Enron + Theranos + Mimedx times ten, but with Yakety Sax playing in the background.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

12,000 RPM

You're making this a little too personal. It's getting weird.

Elon is def unlocking new cringe achievements on a weekly basis. But Tesla is legitimate now, and has managed to do what the rest of the auto industry hasn't been able to- make electric cars desirable and profitable

There are grumblings of another SEC bitch slap after his recent interview defying the orders of the settlement.... if Tesla can corral him they should be fine. Tesla is all that matters at this point.

r0tor

... Still waiting for a total collapse do to poor supply chain...

Also oddly still observing the number of supercharging stations growing at a linear rate despite 6 months ago being "flatlined due to no more capital".

I think what I like about Elon the most is the reaction he gets for spending money like it is completely meaningless  on frivolous things.  It's really fantastic.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on December 24, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
Reminder the planet is filled with assholes
https://electrek.co/2018/12/24/tesla-supercharger-anti-tesla-pickup-truck-drivers/

Yes, three yobbos at a gas station in Hickory, North Carolina are certainly representative of the world at large.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Lol I guess the NY plate "TESLA" was taken, saw a 3 that sported " TE3LA" the other day.
Will

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 24, 2018, 01:33:21 PM
Yes, three yobbos at a gas station in Hickory, North Carolina are certainly representative of the world at large.
They are def representative of the lifted truck community, which may as well be NC at large.

BimmerM3

Quote from: r0tor on December 24, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
Reminder the planet is filled with assholes
https://electrek.co/2018/12/24/tesla-supercharger-anti-tesla-pickup-truck-drivers/

I wish sites wouldn't even report on stuff like that. It's just giving them the attention they're looking for.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 24, 2018, 08:40:51 PM
They are def representative of the lifted truck community, which may as well be NC at large.

Awww, because the lowered Civic/Accord/Z community wasn't getting enough attention for dumbassery.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 24, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

No, they're not, and no it isn't.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

You don't see that strain of aggressive/violent/sociopathic behavior from drivers of other vehicles.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on December 25, 2018, 03:53:59 AM
You don't see that strain of aggressive/violent/sociopathic behavior from drivers of other vehicles.

Yeah, you do. Some truck drivers are assholes, I won't argue against that; and some brands of asshole are attracted to getting the biggest, most aggressive looking vehicle they can, and yes, that sometimes means lifted brodozers. That doesn't make them representative of all lifted truck owners.

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 24, 2018, 09:02:27 PM
Awww, because the lowered Civic/Accord/Z community wasn't getting enough attention for dumbassery.
I knew you would come through  :lol:

12,000 RPM

93JC

Wow. I can't believe people put up with that shit.

Guy never should have put the money down in the first place without seeing the photos, of course. Shady all around on Tesla's part though.

MrH

Quote from: 93JC on January 01, 2019, 10:48:45 PM
Wow. I can't believe people put up with that shit.

Guy never should have put the money down in the first place without seeing the photos, of course. Shady all around on Tesla's part though.

This is just one anecdote.  Read the comments.  This is typical for Tesla.  You can find this all on twitter by just searching the name too.

There are a lot of games going on with how Tesla is registering things with DMVs and paying sales tax.  There is an absolutely massive gap in # of cars registered vs # of cars it claims to have delivered vs inventory it's reporting financially.  Lots of talk of check kiting due to cash flow issues.  I kept thinking it was massive incompetence but now I'm leaning it's actually more than just that.  They were trying to game their numbers for tax incentive reasons, but they have no idea where their inventory is.  There are massive penalties for screwing this up.

Another funny snippet from this weekend.  A guy tweeted he was signing the paper work to get the tax incentive but wasn't getting the vehicle until some time in January.  Said Tesla was awesome for setting him up like that.  That's blatant tax fraud.  Everyone started tweeting about it and the guy deleted the tweet, then his entire account. :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

12,000 RPM

Oh god, this is bad.

Also, let this be a lesson for all the people who "wish they could just order up a car online". If dealers have any kind of value, it's 1. having your car on site and 2. dealing with all the paperwork. Any run of the mill dealer is going to get the title in hand before they buy, let alone sell a car. Still trying to be positive but this looks really bad

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 02, 2019, 08:18:44 AM
Oh god, this is bad.

Also, let this be a lesson for all the people who "wish they could just order up a car online". If dealers have any kind of value, it's 1. having your car on site and 2. dealing with all the paperwork. Any run of the mill dealer is going to get the title in hand before they buy, let alone sell a car. Still trying to be positive but this looks really bad

Just because Tesla seems to he screwing it up, that doesn't mean a standard dealership network is the way to solve the problem.

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 02, 2019, 08:18:44 AM
Oh god, this is bad.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that this confirms a dealership is the right way to solve it.  Instead, this is proof that you shouldn't have a CEO convicted of fraud by the SEC at the helm and a board filled with family members and clueless puppets.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited