The Official C8 Corvette Thread...

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, April 25, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Gotta-Qik-C7

Looks like the Camaro will be the sole survivor with a Manual....

Payman

I like the silver render, but C&D's not so much.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Rockraven on April 25, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
I like the silver render, but C&D's not so much.
I like The silver one better also!

12,000 RPM

I hope they keep making the Stingray. There's gonna be a huge gap between this and the Camaro
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Xer0

I dig it.  Although is the massive air damn in front needed considering there is no actual engine up there? 

Are the no manual rumors confirmed?  That would be a great differentiation for this car vs its competitors and with Europe abandoning the manual, would make this car even more American.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Xer0 on April 26, 2018, 08:58:17 AM
I dig it.  Although is the massive air damn in front needed considering there is no actual engine up there? 

Are the no manual rumors confirmed?  That would be a great differentiation for this car vs its competitors and with Europe abandoning the manual, would make this car even more American.
Yes it's been confirmed. GM is working on a Dual Clutch for it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 26, 2018, 06:53:03 AM
I hope they keep making the Stingray. There's gonna be a huge gap between this and the Camaro
It'll will be built alongside the C8 for a few years....

Payman

Pretty sure there'll always be a front engine Corvette. Although in 10 years it'll be a fucking SUV.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Rockraven on April 26, 2018, 10:45:20 AM
Pretty sure there'll always be a front engine Corvette. Although in 10 years it'll be a fucking SUV.
:lol:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

68_427

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on April 26, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
Yes it's been confirmed. GM is working on a Dual Clutch for it.

Pretty sure it'll have the M7 available
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Xer0

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Payman

That's the racing version. I must say, the side intake design is intriguing.  :hmm:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Gotta-Qik-C7

That Red one is Sexy!!! I want to see how the Soft Top versions will look...

GoCougs

Wowzers - if it is indeed the red one, GM will have a winner on its hands.

giant_mtb

I'm partial to the gun metal gray one.  It looks like a Corvette.  The red one looks more like a Ferrari...not that that's a bad thing, but.

FoMoJo

The Yellow one, I think, is closer to the camo one pictured.  The Red one is nice, but has a truncated tail.  The gun metal, imo, looks the nicest.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Payman

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 14, 2018, 08:16:07 AM
I'm partial to the gun metal gray one.  It looks like a Corvette.  The red one looks more like a Ferrari...not that that's a bad thing, but.

Yeah it's nice, but we know what the side intake shape is, and it ain't that.

12,000 RPM

I'm a little bummed with the move to MR. I feel like part of the Corvette's identity has been lost.

They all look great, but change the fascia on them and they could be anything. Hopefully they keep the C7 around

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 14, 2018, 12:47:00 PM
I'm a little bummed with the move to MR. I feel like part of the Corvette's identity has been lost.

They all look great, but change the fascia on them and they could be anything. Hopefully they keep the C7 around

A mid-engine 'Vette has been teased and appeared as show cars since the '50s. This will complement the front-engine models in the Corvette lineup. Stingray, GrandSport, Z06, ZR-1, and whatever they call this one. Think of Ferrari, which has both FE and ME models in its lineup.

Yes, technically Corvette isn't a separate marque, but it sort of always been one within the industry. Plans were in the works to have Corvette/Cadillac/Hummer premium dealerships, before the '08-'09 recession and bankruptcy.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Rockraven on August 14, 2018, 12:57:04 PM
Yes, technically Corvette isn't a separate marque, but it sort of always been one within the industry. Plans were in the works to have Corvette/Cadillac/Hummer premium dealerships, before the '08-'09 recession and bankruptcy.
Me and my Uncle Roy (Roberts) who was a big wig at GM (Vice President) for years talked about this last September. He's the one that got the ball rolling on Hummer and he also Had a hand in hiring Ed Wilborn. He said GM was close making Corvette a premium SEPARATE Brand.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on August 14, 2018, 01:07:40 PM
Me and my Uncle Roy (Roberts) who was a big wig at GM (Vice President) for years talked about this last September. He's the one that got the ball rolling on Hummer and he also Had a hand in hiring Ed Wilborn. He said GM was close making Corvette a premium SEPARATE Brand.

I'm glad they didn't. Chrysler was dumb to make RAM separate from Dodge
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

68_427

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 14, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

That was to skirt the EPA I'm pretty sure.
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 14, 2018, 02:46:48 PM
IDK.... I'm still of the mind that Corvette and Escalade could stand on their own, and be more easily expanded out

Every Cadillac crossover should be a riff off the Escalade