Speed Double (aka The Cockroach)

Started by 12,000 RPM, May 17, 2016, 08:07:22 PM

CaminoRacer

Taller rear end is good for turn-in. I'm probably going to get longer rear shocks at some point.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

There's def a limit though. Hope I haven't exceeded it. People speak highly of this mod
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Cookie Monster

On my WR I lengthened the rear shock like crazy. The bike would just dive into corners so quickly but would also get some mad headshake/twitchiness on the highway.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

When I raised he Harley's rear end, it was just so it could turn at greater-than-walking-speed without scraping. :facepalm:
It had headshake above 100 already, so it's not like it could get worse.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Some more seat time..... one thing that was off, the rebound was set way too high. 4 out of 5 :facepalm: I dialed it back to 2 and that seemed to help, but I think I still have to dial out some preload. Pushing it a little bit, it seems really eager to turn in, but once it's leaned over its stable. Seems like I don't have to lean as much to get the same corner speed, which is good and bad. Good in that it gives me a margin of safety, bad in that I have to recalibrate my brain. Gonna keep dialing it back and seeing how it gets.

12,000 RPM

Dropping the ass helped a ton. Felt like before so I raised it up a hair and dialed up the rebound. Really nice

Still a bit soft so I got a 1200# spring but that's pretty much set now. I should have put the battery on a tender :facepalm:

68_427

Haven't sold this to Rags yet?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Naw, I think this September will be year 5 with this bike. I've got the itch to switch

Gotta-Qik-C7

I've been on mine 6 years. Unless i'm buying an S1000RR it's a waste for me to buy another Sport Bike! Hell most of these newer bikes are no more quicker than my Gixxer. Maybe I'll pick up a Chopper and Keep the Gixxer.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

I could see you on that M109R

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 04, 2017, 08:36:52 PM
I could see you on that M109R
Anything but a bagger! LOL!!!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Next bike I get I want a V twin sport bike. So probably a Ducati.

SVT_Power

I really don't get the allure of V twins
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

68_427

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 04, 2017, 10:21:45 PM
Next bike I get I want a V twin sport bike. So probably a Ducati.

That's a L-twin

ugughughghghghghhghhhhh
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 05, 2017, 07:09:54 AM

I already have a ricey I4 so I want a muscley twin

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 05, 2017, 07:09:54 AM
I feel the same about straight 4s.... even with 150+ HP

L twin sound puts hair on your chest. Also, torque

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

single cylinders are best cylinders :huh:

Cookie Monster

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 06, 2017, 05:20:18 AM
single cylinders are best cylinders :huh:

But you've never ridden anything with more than one cylinder... :lol:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 06, 2017, 10:31:24 AM
But you've never ridden anything with more than one cylinder... :lol:

Dammit. You caught me. :lol:

shp4man

12,000 RPM

Wow. So much to unpack in that photo

12,000 RPM

Maiden commute on the cockroach today with the new shock. Overall impressions.... shock is awesome! When I sit on the bike in the garage it feels too soft, but out on the road it's effing perfect. Actually, it's weird now... when I go over bumps, I feel it way more in the front than the back. Ride height out back is pretty much perfect as well.

Still not quite confident on the bike though. Issue is first touch on the throttle. I think I need to lube the cable again.... it's just a little stiff coming off a closed throttle. I have zero confidence in the middle of the turn because I forgot how the throttle reacts, and to get it past the sticking point I have to give too much gas for little adjustments or even just coasting. Something else to do.

Got some Pazzo shorty levers.... clutch lever feel/grip has never been good for me and I figure the brake lever might as well match.

12,000 RPM

Productive day.... did the front brakes on the G and got Pazzo levers for the bike like a week early

Clutch was tricky.... basically had to disassemble it by the clutch to get enough slack. I feel like there's a simpler and cheaper design. Lever feel is awesome

12,000 RPM

Throttle is fine BTW, I'm just rusty. Need to keep the revs a little higher through roundabouts and corners

12,000 RPM

Lulz. Throttle cable was a little slack, sapping confidence on that initial tip in. I go to pull more slack out... adjusters are near the end. Ruh roh. I adjust to pull anyway... SNAP.... adjuster at the grip side breaks :lol: Still rideable, but I gotta order a new right grip assembly now. Oh the fun of aging bikes. Man I can't imagine what it must be like to own a bike the aftermarket left behind.

12,000 RPM

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

:nono: Lowered bikes are for douchebags and hobbits. It's different

Cables should be here Monday, which is good because wifey will have the G until we figure out what's up with the Rabbit. Weather looks good and I'm fully over commuting in the Civic; I'd honestly rather ride if the weather is OK.

12,000 RPM

Got the cables on. Weirdly enough, there was still a good bit of slack in. Maybe with all my crashes the engine has moved a little bit and messed with the geometry. In any case I spaced it out with some washers (I'll see if I remember to get some pics). Worked like a charm. Throttle response is smooth right off the stop. I don't even think about the throttle anymore... really nice. Actually, now with it being so smooth the throttle feels a little soggy. Thinking about getting a quick throw throttle, though that might be a PITA around town. It's perfect from like 0-25%, then soggy from then on. Maybe someone has a cammed solution. I'll look for it.