Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 01, 2018, 09:55:52 PM
Parked outside my apartment. Total bullshit, cop had to stare at the tiny sticker to see it. It's an out of state plate and the color is the same every year

Lame fucking ticket...I'm sure you could do a lot better if you wanted to.. :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

Passed a cop at WOT doing 80mph in a 35mph zone.

No ticket #corvettelife #getoutofjailfreecard

:lol:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

FoMoJo

Quote from: 68_427 on October 30, 2018, 05:12:26 PM
Passed a cop at WOT doing 80mph in a 35mph zone.

No ticket #corvettelife #getoutofjailfreecard

:lol:
Waiting for a knock on the door?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

68_427

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 30, 2018, 05:18:50 PM
Waiting for a knock on the door?

Nope he caught up to me and just turned down another road.
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on October 30, 2018, 05:20:38 PM
Nope he caught up to me and just turned down another road.

80 in a 35?  That's a little crazy even for you.  What kind of road was it?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on October 30, 2018, 07:20:27 PM
80 in a 35?  That's a little crazy even for you.  What kind of road was it?

Two lanes each way with turn lane in the middle.  I punched it to get around someone that was pissing me off
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on October 31, 2018, 04:45:59 AM
Two lanes each way with turn lane in the middle.  I punched it to get around someone that was pissing me off

The 'vette looks great.  I love it, man.  :rockon:

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on October 31, 2018, 05:40:09 AM
The 'vette looks great.  I love it, man.  :rockon:

Would look good terrorizing your neighborhood 😈
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on October 31, 2018, 06:45:31 AM
Would look good terrorizing your neighborhood 😈

I'd love to see you try it!

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

dazzleman

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: dazzleman on March 21, 2019, 07:10:44 PM
Good.job!  :cheers:
I wish I was in the Vette so I could've made them work to catch me! LOL!!!

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 21, 2019, 07:49:53 PM
I wish I was in the Vette so I could've made them work to catch me! LOL!!!

What car were you in?

What's the color and year of your Vette?  You need to get your Vette together with Cale's and have a little race... :evildude:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: dazzleman on March 21, 2019, 08:20:11 PM
What car were you in?

What's the color and year of your Vette?  You need to get your Vette together with Cale's and have a little race... :evildude:
I was in my Caravan work van!  :banghead:  LOL!!!! No fun! My Vette is a Yellow 2010 Grand Sport! I wouldn't mind raising a lil hell with Cale!

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 21, 2019, 10:37:30 PM
I'll whup all y'all
LOL! Challenge accepted!!! We need a lil action around here!! This place is turning into SUVSpin!

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 21, 2019, 04:00:27 PM
Got popped for 73 in a 50 today!

How are you going to deal with the ticket?  Will you go to court, or just mail in a check?  What do you suppose the damage from this one will be?

I've always considered speeding fines to be money well spent.  I love moving that speedo needle well to the right.  :evildude:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: dazzleman on March 23, 2019, 06:56:07 AM
How are you going to deal with the ticket?  Will you go to court, or just mail in a check?  What do you suppose the damage from this one will be?

I've always considered speeding fines to be money well spent.  I love moving that speedo needle well to the right.  :evildude:
I always plead Not Guilty at the Clerk Of Courts a few days before mu court date. Then the court will mail me a date to return to court. I do that because I'll get a different date than if i'd actually plead not guilty on my assigned court date. Then hopefully the officer won't show up on my new court date and the ticket will be thrown out! But if he does the prosecutor will usually charge you with unsafe vehicle if you tell them you drive for a living. That way no points are assigned. Usually this cost $150-$200!

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 23, 2019, 10:13:22 AM
I always plead Not Guilty at the Clerk Of Courts a few days before mu court date. Then the court will mail me a date to return to court. I do that because I'll get a different date than if i'd actually plead not guilty on my assigned court date. Then hopefully the officer won't show up on my new court date and the ticket will be thrown out! But if he does the prosecutor will usually charge you with unsafe vehicle if you tell them you drive for a living. That way no points are assigned. Usually this cost $150-$200!

Not a bad outcome.   Do they give you a volume discount on the fines?   :devil:

I had a similar outcome with my last ticket, by a different route.  I got nailed for 79 in a 55 zone, but the trooper apparently thought I was a good guy because he wrote me up for only 65 mph.  Had he put the original speed, I would have been fined $300-400 plus I would have been assessed about $200 per year for excessive points for the next 3 years.  But with the lower speed, I was fined $185 and since the ticket was out of state, it didn't show up on my home state license.  I didn't bother taking it to court because the trooper had already lowered the speed and I wasn't getting any points anyway, so I didn't think it worth the trouble of going to court (about an hour from my house) to try to get a marginally better outcome.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: dazzleman on March 23, 2019, 10:25:07 AMhe wrote me up for only 65 mph.  Had he put the original speed, I would have been fined $300-400 plus I would have been assessed about $200 per year for
Not a bad outcome.   Do they give you a volume discount on the fines?   :devil:

I had a similar outcome with my last ticket, by a different route.  I got nailed for 79 in a 55 zone, but the trooper apparently thought I was a good guy because excessive points for the next 3 years.  But with the lower speed, I was fined $185 and since the ticket was out of state, it didn't show up on my home state license.  I didn't bother taking it to court because the trooper had already lowered the speed and I wasn't getting any points anyway, so I didn't think it worth the trouble of going to court (about an hour from my house) to try to get a marginally better outcome.
NICE!!!

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 23, 2019, 03:08:34 PM
NICE!!!

A guy I ride the train with got nailed for a similar speed in the same state, but he was written up for his full speed and got hit with that much heavier fine plus the excessive point charges for 3 years.  He just paid it without realizing all the extra charges he would be hit with.  More recently, he got nailed again in the same state, but this time the cop lowered his speed, so he had an outcome similar to mine on his second ticket.

Part of me was disappointed not to go to court.  Last time I went, I found it pretty amusing.  I guess my attitude really sucks - I just don't take this stuff seriously.  Even if I had gotten hit with the full load on my last ticket, it would have no effect on my future driving.  I am going to keep speeding no matter what.  :devil:

Morris Minor

Possibly useful when gauging my margins of illegality...
CR-V's speedometer is accurate - at least judging by an app on my phone.  Wonder if the CR-V uses GPS.
The Infiniti's speedometer reads 2-3 mph over reality.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

dazzleman

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 09, 2019, 05:30:52 PM
Possibly useful when gauging my margins of illegality...
CR-V's speedometer is accurate - at least judging by an app on my phone.  Wonder if the CR-V uses GPS.
The Infiniti's speedometer reads 2-3 mph over reality.

Do you have a hard limit on how much you will exceed the speed limit by?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on April 09, 2019, 06:14:54 PM

I've never done more than 95 MPH over.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Morris Minor

Quote from: dazzleman on April 09, 2019, 06:14:54 PM
9 mph.
People round here regularly get nailed for going 15 over.
Occasionally I let the Infiniti pick up her skirts and run well over that. But the revenue gatherers seem to have become more diligent these days; they've started operating in teams.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

dazzleman

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 10, 2019, 03:57:49 AM
9 mph.
People round here regularly get nailed for going 15 over.
Occasionally I let the Infiniti pick up her skirts and run well over that. But the revenue gatherers seem to have become more diligent these days; they've started operating in teams.

9 mph over is your limit?!  Turn in your man card now... :rage:

veeman

I get real antsy if I go over 85 mph on any highway. Growing up in the lates 70s, 80s, and 90s almost all the cars we had had a speedometer that maxed out at 85 mph.  I'm subconsciously conditioned to think of that number as the event horizon surrounding a black hole.

CALL_911

One more ticket and I get my license suspended so I've been driving like a real granny (I got an 87/50 in NYC where they do not knock tickets down; I was impatient, right by home, went for an aggressive pass, officer bob was waiting for me. Not a proud moment)

Actually I had a bit of a scare a few months ago on my way back from a residency interview- got popped doing 80 in a 65 (I didn't even think I was going that fast) in some podunk county in upstate NY. Got a lawyer, fortunately got it down to a parking ticket. That could've been baaaaaaad

2004 S2000
2016 340xi