Someone Kept A 1994 Chrysler Concorde In A Climate Controlled Time Capsule

Started by cawimmer430, September 13, 2021, 09:42:29 AM

cawimmer430

Someone Kept A 1994 Chrysler Concorde In A Climate Controlled Time Capsule Just For You

When you hear about a one-owner 987-mile car from 1993 offered in an online auction, you probably think of some exotic Italian supercar. However, the fact that this is an entry-level full-size American sedan actually makes things even more interesting.

This 1994 Chrysler Concorde is possibly the cleanest example out there and is offered for sale on eBay by Primo Classics International.

The first-generation Chrysler Concorde was sold between 1992 and 1997 and was based on the front-wheel drive LH platform. The cab-forward design was closely related to the Eagle Vision and the Dodge Intrepid, among other cars of the same era.

This specific example is a 1994 model fitted with the 3.5-liter 24-valve V6 engine and an automatic gearbox. Having been driven only 987 miles (1,588 km) since it left the dealership, it remains in pristine condition despite its age. According to the listing, the single owner kept it in climate controlled storage, making it a true time capsule.

The exterior is white and gray with the chrome details still shining bright as they did back in the '90s. The slim headlights and the full-width taillights are 100 percent clear while the bodywork is free of any dents or scratches.

In the cabin, the blue fabric on the seats matches the blue plastic on the lower part of the dashboard and the door cards and makes a '90s statement in combination with the wooden trim. Equipment includes power windows, dual airbags, power seats, power mirrors, cruise control, traction control, and even keyless entry which was optional back in 1993. It even has an Infinity sound system so you can dust off your cassette collection.

The car is located in Florida and the eBay auction ends in less than four days. At the time of writing, the highest bid was $6,800.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/this-is-probably-the-cleanest-chrysler-concorde-money-can-buy/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

I'm kind of craving that cloth interior. What does cloth even feel like now? It seems like low end cars usually have some kind of leatherette/plastic interior these days.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

shp4man

That was a waste of a climate controlled parking spot, wasn't it?😊

CaminoRacer

Quote from: shp4man on September 13, 2021, 10:50:01 AM
That was a waste of a climate controlled parking spot, wasn't it?😊

Horrible investment, that's for sure.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

I always liked these cars although truthfully I haven't ridden in them much.  They looked better than similar vintage Camcords and were larger but they were a bit more expensive.  I especially liked the look of the Chrysler LHS.

Galaxy

Quote from: veeman on September 15, 2021, 02:21:59 PM
I always liked these cars although truthfully I haven't ridden in them much.  They looked better than similar vintage Camcords and were larger but they were a bit more expensive.  I especially liked the look of the Chrysler LHS.

Yeah the mid - late 90s Chrysler exterior language was actually quite pleasing imo as well.

Submariner

I liked the first generation, save for the semi-formal roof-C-pillar.  Ford and Mercury managed to keep their CV / CM language somewhat conservative while ditching that last dreadful remnant of the malaise era.

Pretty stout motor for the time, too: 3.5l V6, 250ish HP/TQ.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

JWC

When this platform was introduced I was with a Chrylser/Dodge/Plymouth dealership. We were given these to drive for a weekend. I drove an Eagle for the weekend. I loved it. My brother inlaw and I took it for a Saturday road trip. Found a farm with VWs buses and Beetles everywhere; including an odd rust-free convertible, even though the paint had peeled off. I figured it was a kit car. Later I'd see one in a magazine. It was a very rare rebody. I went back three months later an it was gone.

But, the Eagle was a fun drive and comfortable. I recommended it at the time to anyone that asked.